Bush + iPod Issue?!?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by kildraik, May 14, 2006.

1. kildraik macrumors 6502a

kildraik

Has anybody heard of the conflict involving Presidaent Bush and haveing the Beatles on his iPod? I guess there was this contrversy with Apple Records and Apple Computer before the release of iTunes. The Beatles were signed w/Apple Rec. and when Apple Comp. released iTunes, then Apple Rec. refused to give iTunes the rights to sell The Beatles' music, due to an earlier agreement that Apple Comp. would not branch into the music industry, though they are now one of the bigest in the world. Apple REcords is now suing Apple Computer. So, by having the Beatles' music on an Apple Comp. product, Bush is now being called a pirater, even though he could've just ripped his favorite CD. Am I getting this right? Does anyone know what I'm talking about, or have anything to say about it?

2. adk macrumors 68000

adk

You're not making a lot of sense, and it's not illegal to rip CDs you own anyways. If this is actually news it just sounds like muckraking to me.

3. kildraik thread starter macrumors 6502a

kildraik

Oh, I realize that #1 its not illegal to rip a disc, but when I heard this I thought it was completely ridiculous and stupid, so I was just seeing if nybody else had an opinion about it...... And now that I look back at what I wrote, it really doesn't make to much sense, that's why I'm asking if anybody else has heard about it...

4. treblah macrumors 65816

treblah

My head just exploded.

There is no controversy involving Bush, Apple Corps, or Apple Computer. :confused:

Apple Corps DID recently sue Apple Computer for breach of a 1991 agreement but the judge sided with Apple Computer. Apple Corps said they would appeal but the case is pretty much dead in the water.

5. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

you've got some stuff messed up. yes, apple corps sued apple computer over itunes. they lost. yes, george bush owns an ipod. however, there's no controversy as far as i'm aware over what sort of music bush listens to.

6. kildraik thread starter macrumors 6502a

kildraik

Hmmm... Well, my dad informed of this issue not too long ago. Maybe he's gone nuts. Sorry to start this!:confused: