Bush Is in No Hurry on Katrina Recovery

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by IJ Reilly, Oct 17, 2005.

1. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-katrina17oct17,0,1301834.story

2. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Oh- don't worry. All the wealth will trickle down from Halliburton once they secure all the government contracts. Everything will be just fine. :rolleyes:

3. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

this, ladies and gentlemen, is the Great Tell. bush is substituting conservative ideology for leadership. i really don't think he has any ability to lead, and when called upon to do so (9/11 and katrina, most prominently), i think he has FAILED UTTERLY.

i'm truly confused when people think he is a good leader. when he says something, i tend to want to run the other way, not follow.

4. IJ Reilly thread starter macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Well I didn't know that attitudes can talk, so I learned something today.

5. _bnkr612 macrumors 6502a

_bnkr612

6. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

Why doesn't the freakin' Congress step up and fill the gap? We already know the President is a useless tool/puppet. What, the GOP is incapable of making decisions without the President to blame the consequences on? Let the Congressional "leaders" do their jobs, and the President', since he's obviously incapable. Our entire damn government is so fubared it's become incapable of providing the basic necessities. It's time for revolution. Toss these jackasses out!

7. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

I agree, If the president has to have term limits why not these life long tools of the Special Interest known as Congress?

8. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

suddenly it's the GOP playing the "blame game." ahhh, but for them to have any sense of hypocrisy would be devine.

9. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Dems don't like him, independants don't trust him, and his base feels betrayed by him. Maybe this is why we didn't get more people posting positive things in the "What Has Bush Done Right" thread. There are still a few who think he supports the troops (he doesn't, he supports the war) or that he's doing a good job with the war on terror (he's not, it's worse now... and we're still in Iraq), but most people just don't seem to like him if they have any clue of what's really going on.

Of the <40% who still like him, I just don't get that.

10. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

They've painted themselves into that corner. "My country/race/religion/political system, right or wrong"

11. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

"I hear you say the truth must take a beating
    The flag a camouflage for your deceiving
    I know, yes I know
    It's written on your soul
    I know, we all make mistakes

This is not a case of blurred vision
    It's a case of black holes, pocket holes, soul holes

And did I hear you say..."

12. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

Day after Sep. 11, we bomb Afghanistan, over 12000 miles away.

Disaster strikes 1000 miles from DC, 2 months ago and still the problem hasnt even really been addressed fully.

I hate this crap. I dont truly have an opinion on Bush's handling of the "crisis" but it is quite obvious that the Administration, FEMA and everyone involved from the mayor on up is going friggen slow for a national disaster.

13. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

That's the sound of a politician flip-flopping so he doesn't lose the support of the only people still supporting him -- his base. If Bush doesn't come around to 'less federal control' -- meaning less federal money -- his base will abandon him, and have basically threatened as much.