Bush job approval dips again to 39%

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by solvs, Jan 16, 2006.

1. solvs thread starter macrumors 603

solvs

I doubt it will happen any time soon, if ever, but I do get a sense of schadenfreude from hearing even his own people talking about it as an option. He's let us down, and I've long since tired of giving him any more chances. This is what we get for being so naive I guess. And almost 40% still trust him. :confused:

Notice though that most people still don't think the Dems are a viable alternative.

2. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Gee...when Bush was at his lowest point and he finally inched up three or four percent, we saw banner headlines about the "huge" rebound in popularity he was experiencing.

Will we see similar clamoring headlines about this "huge" drop?

(Hint: will Pope Benedict convert to Judaism?)

3. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Wow... what a plummet. And after such a promising rocketing upward... ;)

4. solvs thread starter macrumors 603

solvs

Not enough unfortunetly. I guess people are ok with being spied on. But hey, at least it didn't go up!

5. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Well, fear works. Obviously, they can keep 39% of the people in a state where their fear of a terrorist attack trumps their concern for America's future.

Or possibly it's just plain old ignorance and stupidity. Maybe we don't do nearly as good a job as we should teaching students of all ages -- elementary, high school and college -- the meaning of the Constitution and the internal machinations that threaten it. There are certainly enough people out there who don't seem to view anything Bush does with a critical eye.

6. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

7. aquajet macrumors 68020

Too big. Way too big.

8. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

I wonder how long it will take for U.S. citizens to grasp the fact that George and the Republican draft dodgers dont represent regular America. They Represent Corporations,Big Business and big Govt and they want to strip away all our libertys and freedoms so Big Business,big govt can tell us what to do. Its so bad you arent even free to walk outside to smoke a cig at work or near a govt building if you are into that, You have to give urine now if you work for anyone other then yourself, how long before they tell us what to eat? America better wake up or its going to find itself another fascist state ran by control freaks or a dictator like Hitler. Imagine the things George would pull if there were even less democrats in congress? Though i never have been a fan of the democratic party its clear without them this president would continue to trample our Constitution. His poll #s should suck.

9. solvs thread starter macrumors 603

solvs

It's worse than those things you mentioned. Much worse. But I suspect it will take another natural disaster. Or a big problem in Iraq (like still being there in a year, and more soldiers dying because of something preventable). Or, and I hate to say it, but another big terrorist attack. There will still be some people who will stand behind him, but it won't be like the last time. His numbers will go down faster than during Katrina, especially if they aren't organized enough to handle it.

I pray it won't come to that, and over time as little things start to piss people off enough, they'll begin to wake up.

10. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Solvs, Bush and everything he has done should be a warning to all who dont vote! Just had to get that in;)

11. solvs thread starter macrumors 603

solvs

If I would have known how bad he'd be, I'd have rallied the troops and gotten everyone I know to vote for Gore. Even if he was a douche-bag. Hey, I voted for Kerry, and I can't stand him.

http://www.google.com/search?client...+i'm+voting+for+him+anyway&btnG=Google+Search

12. aquajet macrumors 68020

13. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

When i opened the page the first thing i saw was Bush flipping me the finger....that was funny

Bless

14. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Funny...when I read news articles, that's often the first thing I see.

15. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Well here we are 4 years later and Osuma the Bin Laden is still alive. George screwed up with his Saddam war and never did get Osuma the Murderer. George deserves piss poor numbers because his performance has been piss pot poor on Katrina,Iraq and yes hunting down Usuma Bin Laden. His poll numbers should be a lot worse in my view, enviroment he denies global warming (idiot) Medicare and the pharmacy handouts and letting them make our policy in medical care is discraceful,Giving Oil companys billions when they make record profits, etc etc. This guy is 2 stars out of 5 at best.

16. solvs thread starter macrumors 603

solvs

You are far more generous than I.

Wonder what the latest (oddly timed) Bin Laden tape is going to do to those numbers. Up or down? I'd think down because it's a reminder that Bush has totally lost focus on the real bad guys. Who are now going to attack us again. But people are stupid, so they'll probably go up as people say it's fine for Bush to do whatever he wants even if it's illegal so we don't get attacked again. And then when we are anyway, they'll just say that they need to spy more, without all those nasty "laws" and "reporters".

Then Bush declares himself king and we officially become fascist.

17. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

In the past Bin Laden's tapes have had a tendency to inflate Bush's approval ratings (think right before the election). However since Katrina hit people might realize that if a large scale terrorist attack were to occur we'd be in real trouble.

I'm thinking that Bin Laden's tape might have no effect at all with the typical boost offset by those who witnessed the Katrina debacle and feel less safe than before.

I'm hoping for a negative effect but since the GOP is still considered tougher on terrorism I wouldn't count on it.