bush lives in chicago?!?!

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Apr 21, 2005.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

link

2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

good ol' bush just getting what he wants, sad to see his name with a Chicago Address though because i love that city so much

3. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Ya gotta love these tax dodge games. [​IMG] And Republicans seem to know 'em all.

4. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

He'd call that post office box his "Midwestern White House," but there's hardly any brush to clear.

5. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

I guess to such moral, upstanding neocons as Bush and DeLay, it's ok to do something unethical as long it's not technically illegal. :rolleyes: Maybe that's why people let Clinton slide a bit more than his detractors, he never really claimed to be holier than thou. Not that I was a Clinton fan mind you, but at least he didn't cheat on his taxes.

Anyone want to bet on who's going to spin this? That is, if the liberal media actually even makes mention of it. Like anything would actually happen even if this was illegal (which it should be).

6. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

I wonder if his suspicious filing might trigger an audit? I'm certain the IRS will be fair in its dealings with our elected leaders.

7. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Dream on! The regular rules don't apply to someone who's father used to be the head of the CIA, not to mention POTUS. If they did, Bush would have seen a foreign country, circa 1968 or so.

8. iGary Guest

iGary

The man paid more than a quarter million in taxes on 850,000 last year.

I don't like him, but he paid his taxes, and trusts can exist anywhere you like them to.

9. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

No, you're right. This is really a non-issue. As long as he paid his taxes and didn't set up an offshore holding account to dodge anything, I don't care where he files.

It's just another example of how the other half lives. Or should I say the other .5% of the wealthiest.

10. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

And since he was personally responsible for over $400,000,000,000 of federal deficit, I don't feel his $207,307 was enough.

11. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Lol... that's 'cause he's paying INCOME tax, not a karma tax. :p

That debt is still owed.