Bush Mulls Over Things He Might Not Say Again

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by IJ Reilly, Jan 14, 2005.

1. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Got that?

2. the_mole1314 macrumors 6502a

Well, when you are the president, you might just want to check to see if your words resignate well with others, you know.

3. 3rdpath macrumors 68000

3rdpath

2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    my 4 year old daughter is already aware of the power of her words...

we have a president who just now conceptualizes above infant level.

great!

4. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

Not to be nitpicky, but do you mean "resonate"? (resignate)

In regards to the article, I have lately enjoyed the overuse of "crisis" by Mr President. SS, Medical Malpractice suits are all crises, despite evidence to the contrary, while something like Iraq, which can rightly be considered a crisis, is spoken as if all roses...

Of course, now "crisis" has been replaced with the mere "problem". Reality strikes back, I suppose.

5. SiliconAddict macrumors 603

SiliconAddict

Huh. Its been a while since I've vented on Bush. He's been too quiet as of late which scares me.

Yah just read this on CNN.

All I could do was sit there in a daze. I've realized a couple fundamental things about him from that quote. First that his moral alignment is farther off then I could have ever imagined if this realization is only coming to him now. Secondly and more importantly this is something most people realize before they hit 10. "Words have consequences"
    Well no **** dickwad?!?
    Thank you captain insight.
    Have you informed the Dali Lamma of this Earth shattering revelation? Seriously. A press conference was needed for this insight. Thanks Georgy poo but most of us figured this out before we left the sand box. I swear every time I read something with a Bush quote in it I'm left with but two simple words hanging from my mental lips: Blinding Stupidity.

We won't even go into him using the word crusade and Middle East in the same sentence. I think all of Europe and pretty much the rest of the world had a slight seizure on that one and the Middle East occupants? Millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced as they went to clean their guns.

I swear to god someday I expect Bush to announce the formation of a special panel on tapioca pudding because he found that it was "Really good stuff in my lunchbox."

All I know is scientists are going to have a field day someday dissecting this man's brain. "Hey frank. Is that a crayon in his frontal lobe?" Holy crap! I think we found the reason for the Iraq war!

6. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

I stayed away from this for awhile too.

Between the anger and the sadness, I remembered how I used to be (and how a lot of Americans still are), I just didn't want to think about it. That helpless feeling, knowing you're being screwed, and yet unable to do anything about it. Watching him now on 20/20... well, lets just say I keep switching over to Monk. I can't even stand watching the man. Saying one thing, knowing he is doing the exact opposite.

Again, watching 20/20, I can see that. At one point I swear it looked like she was about to smack her husband. She had this look like, "why are you saying that, don't say that". All too fleeting unfortunetly. The woman must have a lot of patience.

She came to my Mom's school, and she seemed so nice. Why would she marry such a moron? She doesn't seem the Hillary-type.

7. 3Memos macrumors 6502

We can thank all of middle america for putting this idiot back in office.

8. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

what's middle america? illinois is the most democratic state in the nation right now.

9. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

I would look at the seven deadly sins as a more accurate indicator.

The rest can be chalked up to stones and beams...

10. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

I don't blame those who voted for Bush; I blame those who stayed home on Election day or never bothered to register to remove this madman.

11. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

No you can't. Even states like Wyoming and Oklahoma have people who voted for Kerry in them. Don't get to crazy with your broad brush...

12. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

i'm not letting them off _that_ easy.

13. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Nor am I. Were they more informed, perhaps more wouldn't have (some people already know how bad he is, and still voted for him). I also blame Kerry, as he made A LOT of mistakes. The Dems as a whole as well, as they have lost focus and still have not learned from their mistakes either.

The fact that almost half of us voted against him, especially considering who we voted for, gives me some hope. But not much. If we had a better candidate, I would have felt better.