Bush: Oil is a concern of NAtional Security

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by XNine, Apr 25, 2006.

1. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/04/25/bush.energy/index.html

Am I retarded, or am I just not getting how the **** oil is a concern of our "national security" like box-cutters on airplanes?

Of course Bush is only now saying something needs to be done, because Haliburton has had a great ride on the price of gas for almost 5 years.

If Bushco was truly concerned they wouldn't allow these people with Hummer's and Escalades to get more than one tank of gas every two weeks. They'd also process the gas to be cleaner, and really put ethanol burning engines as a mandatory for any new cars being built.

2. iGary Guest

iGary

It's part of the War on Terror™.

And yes, your'e retarded. :D

3. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Anyone remember Cheneys secret meetings with the oil executives at the start of Bush's 1st term? I guess this is what they came up with. $$$

4. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

Why am I not surprised that cutting environmental regulations are one of the first things to cut?

It *may* help prices in the short term, but it certainly won't help prices or the environment in the long term. Of course, Bush only has 2 1/2 more years, so why should he worry?

5. cc bcc macrumors 6502

:eek: I pay about $6.30 here. And nobody is driving a single kilometre less because of this. But I feel your pain, really I do. :p

6. jhu macrumors 6502a

jhu

to be fair, bush has stated the need to reduce foreign oil use in multiple prior state of the union addresses. what he's said is correct, but as they say, talk is cheap.

7. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

to be fair, i've always driven small cars and bought a diesel in 1998 in anticipation of this.

8. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

I didn't see this when I posted it in the other thread, but I would like to point out that my car runs on CNG which currently costs me $1.67/gallon. :D

Bush still sucks though.

9. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

You mean you did more than just tell people "something needs to be done about my personal reliance on fossil fuels. I need to conserve more and find innovative ways to use what oil I need to buy" and then do nothing whatsoever?

Mine's a 2002, BTW. :p

10. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

We got 2 Oil guys running this country, We should have had a steady slowly implemented program this past 30 yrs instead we got 2 oil guys who only think in terms of supply and were even pushing the biggest SUVs. Our Govt is bought and paid for by Big Business and only gives the people the illusion of any control or say. With Bush & gang this is blatant.

11. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

Thanks Mr. Bush. Your leadership skills amaze us all.

e

12. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

how long until bush announces we're tapping into the reserve, i wonder.

13. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

Where will he do his recreational swimming then?

14. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

the image of oil execs splashing around in pools of oil is just a little too much, i think. especially because they're wearing diapers.

15. FFTT macrumors 68030

FFTT

Just unbelievable!

Relaxing EPA restrictions to help get more oil to market. Riiiight.

Relaxing EPA restrictions is just one more give away to BIG OIL, so it costs them less, thus adding to profits.

The supply shortage is deliberate on the same level as DeBeers controlling
    the supply of diamonds to keep the prices where they want them to be.

Sorry the Emperor has no clothes.

16. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

he's started but its very hard to take anything as truth coming out of this administration. We may find out they were just cleaning the valves:rolleyes: