Bush On Torture - The Early Years

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by FFTT, Oct 4, 2006.

1. FFTT macrumors 68030

FFTT

Thanks to Bob Johnson for this one.

http://satiricmutt.blogspot.com/

http://satiricmutt.blogspot.com/2006/09/bush-on-torture-early-years.html

[NOTE: Below are summaries of diary notes kept by George W. Bush's nanny, Paulina Gonzalez, along with accompanying hand-written notes of his mother, Barbara Bush. No relevant facts or quotes have been altered in any way from the original text.]

July 13, 1950 - Four-year-old George W. Bush nabs a house fly that is sitting on the edge of his cup of chocolate milk and proceeds to pull the fly's wings off. George's mother, Barbara, chuckles and says, "What a chip off the old block! I used to burn ants with a magnifying glass!"

July 14, 1950 - Four-year-old George W. Bush squats in his Midland, Texas yard, burning ants with a magnifying glass. His mother says, "Can you hear them sizzle, Georgie?"

September 11, 1952 - Six-year-old George W. Bush set up his Alamo Real Action Battle Set®, and, after losing the Alamo to the Mexican army, declares that it is time to invade Canada. George W.'s father, George H.W. Bush, says, "I think that's a bad idea, son. Focus on the task at hand." George W. calls his father "a weenie" and prepares his soldiers to invade Canada.

February 15, 1953 - George W. Bush's new brother, Jeb, comes home from the hospital with his parents. As soon as his parents retreat to the library for their evening cocktail, George jams his index finger into his infant brother's eye. Jeb's screaming brings Barbara Bush into the nursery as George stands innocently by. Barbara flips Jeb over on his stomach and slaps him hard on buttocks three times, shouting, "No crying during cocktail hour, goddamn it!" George W. smiles.

May 13, 1956 - Nine-year-old George W. Bush lures a squirrel close by offering handfuls of peanuts. When the squirrel nears, George snatches the squirrel by the tail and begins spinning it around rapidly, in close proximity to the trunk of a large walnut tree. Just then, Barbara Bush runs out to the yard, shouting, "George! Don't bash that squirrel's head on the tree! Not when you're wearing one of your good, white shirts!" George is forced to release the dazed squirrel and retreat to his bedroom where he changes into a navy blue pocket-t-shirt before resuming his squirrel-whipping.

November 12, 1958 - The Bush family dog, Chester, squirms uncomfortably in the backyard as George W. Bush yells at his brother Jeb to "hold the goddamn dog down, Jebbie!" as 12-year-old George pushes a broomstick into the dog's rectum. Barbara Bush comes outside to investigate the howling and says with a chuckle, "Your grandfather use to do things like that to the kitchen help!"

:D

2. Black&Tan macrumors 6502a

Black&Tan

Uggh. That's just wrong.

I'm not a Bush fan, in fact I think he's the worst President in recent memory. But this crosses the line.

3. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

they were just making fun, i don't believe a nanny would kept those diary at all, lol, no need to read too deep.

4. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

5. Black&Tan macrumors 6502a

Black&Tan

Making fun, I understand.

But this comes across in very poor taste. There's so many things this man and administration have done that are so wrong, why make things like this up?

IMO, it just makes us look worse than he does....

6. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

bingo. not to mention that it's not in the least bit productive. instead of doing anything positive to make change, let's just write up some stupid crap about bush, as though there's not enough stuff that he's actually doing in the here and now to work with. :rolleyes:

7. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

i could also have just said it wasn't funny?

the onion is an example of good satire. the above was not.

8. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

agreed.

9. FFTT thread starter macrumors 68030

FFTT

10. mischief macrumors 68030

mischief

nice puppuy puppy....

Squats slowly.... positions body in non-agressive oblique stance, smoothly produces a piece of biscuit from loosely closed hand and extends it in a cautiously non-agressive manner.

(Meanwhile Jello keeps the control pole handy on the other side of the van:D ;) )

11. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Ever read the Bush expose by Kitty Kelley? I'm sure it was even worse, I'm sure there was more we never even heard about. It wouldn't surprise me if he actually did torture insects and small animals as a child. By watching his attitude and behavior he is at best a spoiled rich boy. At worst a power hungry, sociopathic Mama's boy.

I especially like the part about Karla Faye Tucker on this page.