Bush plans to put more troops in Iraq

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Thanatoast, Dec 19, 2006.

1. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

from Yahoo

emphasis mine
    Okay, so does this prove that Bush only thinks with his little head?

I'm sorry to start off on a negative and perjoritive note, but I think he's literally crazy. He's lost contact with reality. Assuming that this article is talking about the Iraq war, we've got numerous groups of high acclaim all saying that more troops won't solve any problems. Assuming the article is speaking of the lrager mis-nomered WoT, troops were never the answer. Fair foreign policy and police work were and are.

If Bush thinks he can win the fictional WoT but six hundred billion dollars a year to the military just isn't quite enough to do, he can kiss my pale, hairy ass. His chosen "solution" is to bomb the **** out of everything. Never mind that this strategy has been failing for four years.

Even the military thinks the problem isn't martial - it's economic and political. And the last emphasized part there, where Bush essentially says War is Peace is beyond nuts. A bigger military does not make a bigger peace, especially when the purpose of the bigger military is to go kill people.

The man has gone off the deep end. He's not listening to anyone except the voices of glory in his own head. How he ever got to be in a position of power and responsibility is a poor mark for our country.

2. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

He must be very supple to be able to stick his head up his own arse.

3. Queso macrumors G4

Predictably milking the cash register whilst he still has control of it.

4. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Fattening up Carlyle so it can provide properly for his and Tony's imminent retirement.

5. Queso macrumors G4

6. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

the interesting thing now is to see how the democratic-controlled congress and senate will react. bush is acting as if he can secure all this funding.

who knows -- maybe a couple of senators will be wellstoned this holiday.

7. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

I'll certainly be wellstoned this holiday.

8. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Its vietnam all over, solution to a failed policy is more troops? Not Stay the course but then what is it? Our troops are in the middle of a stupid situation brought on by Cheney & Bush. I guess more are going to die for the stay the course.

9. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

I predicted this, what, a week and a half ago?

Seriously, it was the only option available to his ego.

10. Kalns macrumors regular

Kalns

I guess you all must really hate John McCain too huh?

11. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

My cousin just got back from his tour in Iraq. I'm not letting him go back. No way. He's in one piece and I want him to stay that way.

12. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

anyone notice how we're back to the "GWoT = iraq" rhetoric?

13. stillwater macrumors regular

Now that you mention it, I've lost a lot of respect for McCain. I used to think he had integrity, but it doesn't seem that way any more.

14. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

I hate his stupid plan for Iraq.

15. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I used to think he had some guts too, but all he's doing now is towing Bush's line.

16. Thanatoast thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

The man has sold his soul. I don't hate him, I pity him.

17. stillwater macrumors regular

Ya know, when I first heard that Dubya was on a "listening tour", I thought " This guy's not gonna listen to anybody. He's still just gonna do what he wants to do, no matter how many advisers tell him he needs to change course".

Bush still thinks there's some way to "win" in Iraq. He has destroyed the whole damn country! What is there to win?

18. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Him and Bush can both rot in hell

19. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

Well, he is changing course. He's agreeing to do what he refused to do nearly four years ago, when it was the time to do it.

20. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Bush is set to really screw McCain over. It seems to me that McCain was staking out the "more troops" position among the GOP presidential contenders to help burnish his credentials with the far right of the GOP - the ones who don't really trust his conservative bona-fides even though they trust his military experience. Then when the CW was that Bush was going to draw down troops, McCain could stake claim to the "I told you so" position that if we'd listened to him, we could have won Iraq.

Now Bush is about to show everyone how well McCain's idea will work. If it goes poorly in Iraq, as all evidence so far indicates, McCain will be left holding the soggy paper bag of crap that Iraq has become.

My guess is that McCain figured the last thing Bush would do would be to increase troop levels.

21. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

Remember Bush belives Vietnam would have been a sucess if we stayed there longer....

22. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

Yup. Wish he wasn't my senator.

23. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

What are you trying to say here? Should McCain get a pass on a boneheaded idea? Or are you trying to accuse 'you all' of something else?

Out with it man!

24. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

Perhaps those who seek to justify the position for more troop deployment in Iraq don't fully appreciate just how strongly others feel about an ill advised war.

War,

huh, good God [ya'll]

What is it good for....

25. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Yes, because it's been working so well so far...

You don't? You must be one of that 9% who thinks this is a good idea. It's not. I wouldn't say I hate him, just very disappointed. As I am with Liebermann. This is a mistake. A very, very bad mistake.

If it works, I'll admit I was wrong... but for some reason, I have a feeling I wan't have to do that.

(especially for the obvious fact that we have no more troops to send)