Bush playing halloween again?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by vwcruisn, Nov 28, 2003.

1. vwcruisn macrumors regular

looks like bush was playing dress up again.. just like he did when he landed on that aircraft carrier with the big mission accomplished sign behind him... why does he feel the need to dress up in a flight suit?

If I was in the military I would be very offended at him for doing this. Obviously.. everyone knows he dodged the draft during vietnam after daddy got him into the texas air national guard.. WHERE HE WENT AWOL FOR OVER A YEAR. He is a disgrace to the military and it shocks me that anyone in the military would not feel the same way.

Maybe next time he plays halloween he can dress up as hitler... or maybe he wouldn't REALLY be dressing up this time :rolleyes:

edit: sorry this should have been in the thread about bush visiting Iraq... its 430 am and im tired :eek:

2. G4scott macrumors 68020

G4scott

Lay off. You are wrong. He's trying to fit in, and make the soldiers feel at home. He put his life in the line of fire to visit troops in Iraq for thanksgiving.

Besides, it's no worse than Howard Dean skipping the draft, or having his brother's remains put in line to be identified before many military casualties whose families have been waiting for years, and to have a full military funeral, even though he was just a civilian.

Why don't you just cruise on in your VW, and do us all a favor?

3. vwcruisn thread starter macrumors regular

About?

He had his chance to do this back during nam. As for putting his life on the line now? Perhaps. But then again it was all a secret until he LEFT. So I don't know how big of a risk it really was.

I was under the impression that he had some medical conditions (problems with his back?). Besisdes, this is an unfair comparison, as howard dean is NOT walking around in a flight suit playing make believe. This was the main point of my first point. Please re-read if necessary.

I'm sorry, I thought I was in the United States. Are they taking my 1st ammendment away now along with all my other rights I have lost due to our war of errorism.. err terrorism?

4. wwworry macrumors regular

George Bush went AWOL
    Dick Cheney sat out because of a boil on his but.

5. jonapete2001, Nov 28, 2003
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2012
  6. vwcruisn thread starter macrumors regular

The difference being that Clinton and the hippies were AGAINST the war. Bush and his family were all for it as they and their friends stood to make a large profit from it.

7. amnesiac1984 macrumors 6502a

Yeah he enlisted in the national guard, which is what you'd do. Its also what thousands of other americans did, but far too many than there were places for. Bush Snr pulled some strings allowing jnr to jump a waiting list of a few thousand strong and join the national guard!

8. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Actually, this isn't the United States once you step into these forums. It's Arn's domain, though, not G4Scott's.

However, you're not allowed to criticise Texans because they're tired and cranky. I would be tired and cranky too if I there had been a Bush as governor. Oh wait, there is a Bush here in Floriduh. It's no wonder I'm cranky too. :D

9. jonapete2001, Nov 29, 2003
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2012
  10. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

why not? as the FBI says, "follow the money"

11. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

I sincerely hope you are kidding, but I'm afraid you aren't.

12. SPG macrumors 65816

SPG

The people who joined the militairy joined to protect our country not for the sake of going to war. The militairy is the last one to push for a war, especially for a quagmire with no exit strategy.
    Going in to Afghanistan to help the Northern Alliance defeat the Taliban which was harboring Osama Bin Laden is justifiable and neccessary. Going in to Iraq was not. There were no WMD's, no link to Al Qaida, and Saddam was contained posing no kind of threat. Volunteers or draftees regardless, this was a bad choice.

13. G4scott macrumors 68020

G4scott

If news about his visit broke out before he got there, or before he left, there would've been people with shoulder fired missiles waiting for him in Baghdad...

14. SPG macrumors 65816

SPG

I'm kind of surprised there aren't in Crawford either...;)

15. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

If news broke out, he wouldn't have even tried to land.

He was at very low risk.