Bush Seats Judicial Nominee That Senate Democrats Blocked

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Feb 20, 2004.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

link

and how was the GOP w/ approving judges under clinton?
    seems someone has forgotten that:

2. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Nothing like changing the tone in DC from bad to worse... I wonder if the GOP has thought forward to the time when Dems take over the WH again. Now they won't be able to complain one bit if this kind of stunt is pulled on them in the future. Of course, the dems won't be able to complain if their nominees are fillibustered either. Ah yes, it's friendlier then ever in DC.

3. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Bush keeps it up and we will not only vote him out but half the republican party with him.
    A little story my mother who is a registered republican and i were talking the other day and i had to tell her Mom I voted in a democratic primary for the first time! I like Edwards. Her answer that shocked the heck out of me was she had decided to vote democrat no matter who was running against George. President Bush is doing so many things wrong for the citizen,for the enviroment,for the country. But if you are a big business executive he is your man. ask Enron,Haliburton,Pharmaceutical companies,HMO's etc. I wish he would stop using my Tax dollars flying air force 1 to a Nascar events.
    I urge anyone seeing this to register to vote and then excercise that freedom while we still have it.

4. Neserk macrumors 6502a

Neserk

So are the Republicans wishing they hadn't put Bush in office yet? He sure is bringing the party down with this crap!

5. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

It really is true, im glad Saddam is gone but it sure shouldnt have cost 100 billion!!! a 50 cent bullet could have done the job. Where is Osama? This next time around i dont think will be that close. He is out of touch with the common man/woman. seems like everything he pushes for ends up being twisted distorted to suit some big corporation or special interest.

Though iam independent i think the sun was in my eyes that day and ended up pushing the wrong chad! sorry Al.

6. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

pun intended?

7. Opteron macrumors 6502

Can't agree more. While a member of the Labour party in Australia, and see even the American Democrats and as conservative, and the Republicans as (not for here.) The Republican party has seen a turn for the worst under the lead of and uneducated Texan. One might even go as far as to say the World has had to bare the wroth of his countless bad decisions.

8. Opteron macrumors 6502

That's just over half the Australian National Budget!!!!
    Aus National Budget ~$200BillionAUD (~$130BillionUSD)

9. AMDMACMAN macrumors newbie

Just to clarify what is uneducated about Bush. He has a MBA. IF you call him uneducated just because he disagrees with your view, give me a break.

10. Neserk macrumors 6502a

Neserk

He does not have a real MBA. Didn't he get all C's in grad school? Where I went to Grad School a grade of C is a failing grade.

Being educated isn't *just* about having the degree. He actually needed to learn something. I see no evidence of that.

11. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

Which makes his policy disasters even more embarrassing.

12. AMDMACMAN macrumors newbie

Again, you are just calling him uneducated because you have a different view point. He graduated from Harvard or Yale(i cant remember, i know for sure it was one of them) calling that fake MBA is just obsurd. Educated people come to different conclusions everyday. Just because you may be educated and disagree does mean the other person did not learn anything.

and I hardly think bush's policy initiatives did not work. They economy is growing, it is not shrinking at all. You can think about all the hypothetical "what ifs" but the fact is that Bush did what he said he was going to do and did not back down. Now the economy is in a rebound. People say it is a jobless recovery but I knew 4 people with out jobs, some for over a year. Now they are all back to work in their choosen profession. I call a job recovery.

13. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

Oh, he's educated. But educated doesn't mean he knows what he's doing.

It was both of them.

There's a difference between having a conflicting opinion and being a total screw-up. Bush is a total screw-up.

4 whole people, eh? Sounds like job recovery to me...
    Wow... :rolleyes:

14. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

shall we assume you have your credit cards maxed out? drive a car you can't afford?

maybe you can explain this to me, 'cuz i'm continually fascinated by it. i've seen a lot of GOP'ers and bush supporters put much more stock in "winning" and "being strong" than actual results. can you explain to me why image is more important than substance?

15. Sparky's macrumors 6502a

Sparky's

How do you do a Quote?

Here is something I found while reading all your posts:

POLITICAL: GOP nominee for Congress, 1978 (47%). Senior Advisor, George Bush for President Campaign, 1988. Governor of Texas, 1995-December 2000 (Elected 1994, re-elected 1998). President of the United States, 2001-present (Elected 2000 - 47.9% - 271 Electoral Votes).
    PROFESSIONAL: Managing General Partner, Texas Rangers pro baseball team, 1989-94. Founder & CEO, Bush Exploration Oil & Gas Company, 1975-86. Pilot, Texas Air National Guard, 1968-73.
    EDUCATION: B.A., Yale University, 1968. M.B.A., Harvard Business School, 1975.
    PERSONAL: Born July 6, 1946 in New Haven, Connecticut. Married to Laura Welch Bush. Two daughters. Methodist. Grandson of the late US Senator Prescott Bush (R-CT). Son of former President George H.W. Bush (R-TX). Brother of Governor Jeb Bush (R-FL).

and for a little more info check this site out:
    http://www.politics1.com/bush.htm

Did you hear that Bush has already exceeded his campaign contribution goal of over $150,000,000.
    It's not votes that elect the president- It's money and the right lobby.

16. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

are you kidding? there's a quote button.

17. AMDMACMAN macrumors newbie

My cards are at a minimal level and I drive a car that has been paid off for years. I personally have not felt any effects of the "recession". All the people that lost their jobs that i knew personally have all now gone back to work in their fields. I can only judge what i deal with not some hypothetical situation that may have taken place if........ I dont deal in if's. I only deal in what i see, and i like what I see. A president with morals and a decent plan for america.

18. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

congratulations on your fiscal responsibility. do you find your handling of your personal finances to be in contrast w/ the manner in which the bush administration runs a budget deficit?

does using gov't funds to grab land for private gain and falsely inflating company value qualify as moralistic business practices?

19. AMDMACMAN macrumors newbie

I understand you can hash up dirt about every President and not everyone is going to be happy with some of his decisions. Like Clinton made the best decisions at every pass.

If you think the spend crazy dems would have any better of a budget under these circumstances you are crazy. Defecit spending will work it self out in the coming years. I personally am not worried about it. Grabing land with tax payer dollars and using it to inflat a business? i dont agree with that, i dont have the specifics but no one is perfect. People here who think Bush is just an idiot must think half of the voting population is just a group of morons. I have a different view. They just come to a different conclusion, or are so repulsed by democrats of today that they must vote republican.

20. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

blah blah blah blah. presented w/ specifics, you resort to banal generalities. shock and surprise. go troll somewhere else.

21. Neserk macrumors 6502a

Neserk

How nice for you... what about the rest of us?

22. AMDMACMAN macrumors newbie

not my problem!!!! Deal with it!!!!

23. AMDMACMAN macrumors newbie

The specifics you gave me were addressed. I said i do not like general idea of inflating companies profits with the use of tax payer money. I agreed with you on that point, now what am i supposed to banish bush to the netherregions of the world because he has done one thing i dont agree with.( but i dont really care anyway, because it does not affect me).

24. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

How do you feel about his tax cuts that targeted the wealthiest Americans? How do you feel about the secret energy industry task force setting policy?

How do you feel about waging a war of aggression for reasons other than self-defence?

No generalisations, please.

25. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

you mean these?
    "addressed"

any idea how the deficit spending will work itself out? i have an idea, and it involves you and me hungry, penniless and suddenly understanding what went wrong in japan and argentina.

thank god all of bush's shady business dealings can be dismissed with "no one is perfect." is that how ken lay is getting away w/ it?