Bush Sending the Wrong Message as Chaos Smolders in Iraq

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by IJ Reilly, Dec 27, 2004.

1. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

This commentary really nails the Bush administration's detachment from reality.

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-na-outlook27dec27,1,2752698.column

2. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

good piece.

something i learned in management years ago: authority, responsibility and accountability must go hand in hand.

the bush administration is exercising only its authority.

3. IJ Reilly thread starter macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Right. Anyone familiar with business or public administration has to know what's wrong with this picture.

4. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

This administration supports the war, not the troops. Shame some people can't tell the difference. And considering, in order to fix your mistake, you have to admit you made a mistake in the first place... I don't really see anything changing. They are not ready for elections either, but we are pushing ahead no matter what. Contrary to what the neo-cons would tell you, most of us hope we are wrong and things work out in the end. Though at what cost? Do the ends justify the means?

I don't blame him for wanting to keep taxes low, raising taxes is what lost it for his Daddy. But now that he's re-elected, you'd think he'd do the right thing. Same thing with Social Security and everything else he's dropping the ball on. Guess that's what you get when you elect a man who cares more about pushing his own agenda ahead of what's best for the country. So I guess we should ignore the little problems (like being blown up or having no money) and go back to the real issues... like how bad it is, for some reason, that a couple of guys you'll probably never meet want to get married. :rolleyes: