Bush signs parts of Patriot Act II into law

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Dec 27, 2003.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

link

wow, our "liberal" media is all over this. while being distracted by spiderholes and cancelled french flights, the gov't takes away our rights in near secrecy.

2. thatwendigo macrumors 6502a

thatwendigo

Re: Bush signs parts of Patriot Act II into law

It's not a total loss yet, but some of the people I've been quietly making bets with are about to have to pay up. I bet that American citizens would be detained by the military, and they were. I bet that the Patriot Act would see a serious attempt to remove the sunset clause, and it has. Last of all, I bet that, should Patriot pass and the wars Bush was leaning towards happen, that the already sweeping powers would be expanded.

I wish I'd wagered money, and not just embarassing things and meals at restraunts.

3. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

This is more big Brother coming at us, meanwhile they close one eye to millions of mexicans coming across those borders but in the guise of national security are stripping away our rights one by one. Dont you love that voice vote crap. All of these things because of some fanatics with razor blades. Its almost crazy but but this is what we are getting. Thanks for the watchful eye zimv20.

4. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

you are most welcome