Bush Supporters: What has he done right?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by atszyman, Oct 7, 2005.

1. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

We've had a number of threads asking if you are a republican, or if you approve of Bush's Leadership. Very few have stepped forward in these threads and most who do seem to be very sparse with details. Here's your chance to explain why you feel the need to defend Bush from our attacks.

Is it the cutting of taxes which lead to a massive deficit and raising of the debt ceiling to over 8 Trillion dollars?

Is it the Iraq war where no matter how bad it gets they answer seems to be "stay the course"?

It appears to me along with many others on this board that Bush cannot seem to do anything correctly. I honestly want to know what reasons anyone would have to defend this administration.

For perspective, I live in Texas, and many people here defend the Administration, including my wife. I would ask this question at home but I really don't want to sleep on the couch.

2. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

i think that john roberts was an excellent supreme court nomination

3. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

he's also been very good about awarding medals of honor and other military awards to minorities who were previously denied based solely on race or religion.

4. 3rdpath macrumors 68000

3rdpath

2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    this very well could be the shortest political thread ...ever.

5. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

no, things will pick up in the morning... there wont be much suppport, just bashing

6. Xtremehkr macrumors 68000

Xtremehkr

I'm not planning on participating, beyond this post, for a few days. I am genuinely curious about how he is perceived by his supporters. If not only what he has done right, but any other reasons that lay behind your support. I just wanna know.

Edit, I think my keyboard needs a change of batteries.

7. livingfortoday macrumors 68030

He totally saved us from an alien invasion, with his bare hands. Only thing is, he can't tell you about it, or else the aliens will come back.

Kinda like that list of 10 terrorist attacks he mentioned in his speech last night that have supposedly recently been thwarted. I mean, they can't give details, or else the terrorists will go back in time and change the past!

I've seen Time Cop! I know how these things work! So unless you wanna pay tribute to the Evil Galactic Overlord Xghry for the next few millenia, you'd better vote Bush in 2008! Somehow!

Oh no! I've said to much!

8. atszyman thread starter macrumors 68020

atszyman

Exactly why I started this thread. As I said my wife is (the last time I checked) a Bush supporter, however asking this question at home would lead to me sleeping on our couch at best or looking for someone else's couch. I'm not a big fan of doing that so I thought I would seek answers here. Hopefully it will shed some light on where his supporters come from so we can understand them better. I am hoping that this doesn't just turn into another Bush bashing thread (we have enough of those) but somewhere where people may be able to shed some light on what Bush's positives are.

I had started a similar thread after the election because sometimes I just need to search for the positive sides of a dire situation so that I can believe that my daughter will grow up in a better world than what we have right now.

9. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Lets see....

He succeeded in choking on a pretzel. Don't know anyone who's smart enough to do that.
    I think he set a new world record for the amount of times falling off a bike. Gotta be proud of him for that.
    Dumbest man to become president. That's an accomplishment right there.
    Successfully stole an election, again, something that was never done before.
    Last but not least, his actions have provided plenty of great material for comedians, which, in turn, provide great entertainment for me.

10. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

Or terrorists might use the detailed info given to reverse engineer how the planned attacks were stopped and modify their behavior so as to circumvent current, and possibly future, covert operations intelligence agencies all over the world are using to help prevent terrorist attacks.

Better luck at being witty next time.

Lethal

11. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

On topic,

I like the fact that he let the AWB sunset.

Lethal

12. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Get yourself a more comfortable couch.

13. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

he's proven the notion that the south is really that dumb :p

14. Roger1 macrumors 65816

Roger1

15. iGary Guest

iGary

He hasn't used the White House as his private blow me room for his interns.

16. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

I'm surprised no one has mentioned tax cuts. I think that was his biggest accomplishment from the right-wing point of view.

17. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

18. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

That's because 95% of the population haven't seen any tax cuts.

Most of us, quite to the contrary, got $300 once, followed by new fees, increased local taxes, inflation and exploding healthcare costs.

19. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

It's easy to cut taxes when you don't care if your government is accumulating trillions of dollars in debt.

20. crdean1 macrumors 6502a

crdean1

Morally honors the office of the Presidency (which I can't say for some presidents), Faith Based Initiative, Homeland Security Dept., Reaction to 9/11, Appointment of Roberts, Firing of Brownie (realizing he made a mistake, admitting to it, and taking care of it), Support of Troops (and encouraging such), Encouraging Americans to "Step Up" and help your neighbor, working on changing Social Sec. so I benefit, Banned Partial Birth Abortion, Shot down Kyoto treaty, Teacher Protection Act, increased kids contribution limits to IRA's, and more...

21. crdean1 macrumors 6502a

crdean1

Wrong, Eliminated "marriage penalty" tax, which many, many people have benefited from.

22. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

Tell me more.

23. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Nope, just as his private blow room.

I like that he hasn't gone around arming Central American dictators - can't say the same for SOME administrations.

24. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Although creepy and just a little disturbing, I genuinely find it puzzling that this is considered a greater crime than matters of state and policy, no matter what side of the party political divide you place yourself on.