Bush suppress 911 report till after election

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by diamond geezer, Oct 19, 2004.

1. diamond geezer macrumors regular

No doubt the Republicans in this forum will find valid reasons why this is happening.

2. Taft macrumors 65816

Taft

Naw! This forum has a much more passive aggressive way of dealing with threads they don't like: ignore them.

Good times.

Taft

3. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

If such a thing exists, it could be the final nail in the coffin for Bush.

A lot of people who otherwise dislike Bush are voting for him purely because they think he's better qualified to protect the country...and this would certainly undermine that belief system.

4. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

News story on same. I'm beginning to see why Bush was in such a hurry to name a political ally as CIA Director.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-cia20oct20,1,7991083.story

5. mischief macrumors 68030

mischief

This isn't getting enough airtime.

It would be constructive to e-mail these links around to family and friends with the caveat that they do the same. Under other circumstances I'd never suggest such a thing.... but right now there's too many things like this being ignored.

6. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Good idea. You'll need to send the entire store with the link -- the LA Times site requires a subscription to view stories; it's free, but a lot of people won't bother. BTW, this story was run on the bottom of page 8 in today's print edition of the Times, so it's not getting very prominent play even there. I'd like to see Kerry mention this issue -- and maybe shame some of the major media outlets into asking questions about what's in this report and why it hasn't been released.

7. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

I'm still amazed that the "liberal media" isn't pushing this more, though they do seem to be doing so more now. Realizing possibly if they had done that in the beginning, maybe we wouldn't be in this mess in the first place. Kerry can't push too much, it would be political suicide. Even if it's true, he couldn't just come right out and blame Bush for everything (though indirectly, he kinda already has). Anyone who looks, will see that Bush is not good for the country's safety, and has even made things worse. Unfortunety, many will not look. And really shouldn't have to, were the media doing their jobs. I'd love to see how Fox News and Rush spin this.

You know if it was Al Gore making the same mistakes, they'd crucifiy him (as would I, and any other moderate). Of course, Gore probably wouldn't have made such mistakes. He even said over the weekend that under Clinton, they used to take reports like "Bin Laden Determined To Strike In The US" seriously. I doubt he would have invaded Iraq either.

8. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

People should be talking about this ,but i see it as more of what we have had from this current administration for the past 4 years... is America paying attention? I doubt they are.