bush talks tough, will sadaam back down?

Discussion in 'Community' started by jefhatfield, Oct 1, 2002.

1. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

my guess is that sadaam hussein will back down at the last second and not make a weapon of mass destruction or even plan to use it

hussein is too interested in staying in power and won't jeopardize that, especially the way the world has seen the usa and its allies swiftly oust the taliban in afganistan

therefore, i don't see a full scale ground attack and occupation on iraq

what do you think?

2. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

they are going in man. no doubt about that. the inspections are not unfettered.
    sadaam continues to play a cat and mouse game. i think by this time next year sadaam will be outa there and iraq will be liberated.... because there are a lot of people in iraq who want sadaam out but are too afraid to do anything or speak out... which is understandable.. they would be killed. so a little help from the worlds mightest military would do the trick... ya know!

3. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

I think that Hussein will deliver empty promises to keep the United Nations on his side. After a while the US and possibly the UK will just go in by themselves.

4. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

i agree. how can anyone believe that these un inspections thing is going to work.
    the fact that they are regulated inspections ... regulated by iraq shows that its all bunk. they did say that the inspectors are not allowed in the palaces until they are given a day notice amoungst a lot of other restrictions. if iraq had nothing to hide... they would tell the inspectors that they are allowed anywhere at anytime... no fine print.

i even heard on the news from sadaams ex mistress (shes in the us now) that they were always ahead of the un inspectors so that they know where they were going to be and they could hide things easier. she had sat in thier council meetings so she knows first hand. she even said they sadaam meet with bin laden back in the early 90s. anyways... yeah i think our government knows more about this stuff then we know now for sure and they know best how to handle this. if bush is beating the war drums for personal reasons then thats wrong and i hope he gets what he deserves for that. but if he is actually genuinly caring for the amercian people.. then rock on man.

5. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

If the inspections are allowed they will fail no doubt about it! Iraq does not want inspectors infinging on Iraq's soverienty so they will only allow inpsectors if they are not allowed to go to Saddams personal places of residence.(The weapons are there of course and since he is in anew place evey night that makes abot half the buidings in Iraq)

Its not a question of if it will happen, it is a question of when it will happen. The President is allowed to use military force(without the consent of Congress) for 6 months, then he has to get the action approved, by that time the war is already under way so congress has no choice.

Bush is going to find a way to invade Iraq no matter what, even if that means without UN approval or acting unilaterlly(Great Britain may help)
    Bush is like a chilid, he will whine and whine till he gets what he wants, but this time its personal.

Only time will tell, add your thoughts!!!

6. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

heh... i think the only succescful inspectors would be the 142 airborne come to think of it.

oh man im soo going to be flammed for this! im getting my asbestos suit on provided and issued by the M.D.A.F.R.O...... (Macrumors demiGod anti flame retardant orginization).

:D

7. vniow macrumors G4

Will Sadamm back down if Bush talks tough?

I don't know, Bush would have to try to talk tough first.:p
    j/kng duh.
    I really have no idea what's going to happen. I have no doubt that GWB believes that whatever he's doing will be the right thing for America, but like the saying goes; The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.:(

The best liars are the ones that believe them.:(

8. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

hey did you all hear about barbra striesands misqoute at that demorctatic function the other night? she mis qouted a saying... saying it was shakespere when it was julious ceaser.

9. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

Actually it wasn't even Ceaser. It was a quote by Shakespeare that was about Ceaser. Turns out it was an internet hoax though.

10. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

hmm okay explain a little more? i just caught a snippet of it so im definitly off... but i know she screwed up and she posted the correction on her site. so please clarify hot it was a hoax. im curious. hell i guess ill go look it up.

11. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

okay someone else was the author and she got duped into thinking it was shakespere. okay. but she still beleieves in that qoute... she said this ""Whoever wrote this is damn talented and should be writing their own play," she said"

i dont know but all in all id trust bush before i trust this chick! haha;)
    shes a singer for crying out loud ...and very good at it ... not my style thats for sure but she aint no freakin leader of jack squat.

my opinion for those flammers out there. be cool. :D