Bush Tells Group He Sees a 'Third Awakening'

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Sep 13, 2006.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

wash post

2. Queso macrumors G4

A battle between good and evil is happening all right. However, Bush and I differ over what side he's on :rolleyes:

3. baleensavage macrumors 6502a

lol. I'm with you on that one. I think the Bush administration could use a first "awakening."

4. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

5. Danksi macrumors 68000

Danksi

... oh for holy f*ing Christ's sake... give it a bleeding rest.

6. adroit macrumors 6502

adroit

:D I was thinking the same thing as I read the article.

7. TBi macrumors 68030

TBi

Third awakening... third reich... am i the only one who immediately thought that?

8. EGT macrumors 68000

EGT

9. beatsme macrumors 65816

beatsme

I was saying to my girlfriend last night that when Bush was elected I had absolutely no expectations of him, and he hasn't even met those. Just when you think he can't possibly get any dumber he'll pull a new club out of the bag.

our MR european cousins, tell us please:
    does Bush make the US look as dumb as we think he does? How badly is Bush perceived overseas?

10. Queso macrumors G4

Oh we love him to bits.

11. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

"The Third Awakening" has a great new celebrity mom spokesperson- Nancy Heche! This crap was given a whole spread in the Chicago Sun-Times today. If this doesn't convince you this country is going down the toilet, I don't know what will.

http://www.suntimes.com/output/books/cst-ftr-heche13.html

12. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Bush has yet to be right on much of anything and im sure he will stay the course.

13. FFTT macrumors 68030

FFTT

I think George and Company are in for "A Rude Awakening"

14. CorvusCamenarum macrumors 65816

CorvusCamenarum

Why do I get the (sinking) feeling he's trying to make Revelations come to life?

I'm reminded of the film Escape From L.A. (the bad movie with Kurt Russell), toward the end where the world is crashing down in on itself and the president character, instead of trying to manage the crisis, runs off to pray.

15. FFTT macrumors 68030

FFTT

Bush is praying real hard these days.

Praying that his little scam won't end up with him facing criminal charges.

16. Queso macrumors G4

This woman's never appeared on my radar before, but I get the impression that her mission to convert gay people to straight is based solely on her desire to recapture the life she believed she had. Sadly, and I write this using only the article as my reference, her entire life appears to have been built on lies. It's a shame she can't accept it for what it was. I think she'd be far happier in the long run.

The quote about the miserable gay man lamenting his life is noteworthy, since Heche conveniently ignores the many miserable straight people that do the same. If she really is a psychologist rather than using the title simply to turn sad gays into happy straights she should know a thing or two about projection.

To be honest I rather pity her. She's obviously been very damaged by events.

17. Glen Quagmire macrumors 6502a

Poorly. A simpleton, totally out of his depth. His behaviour is totally unpresidential. He looks like a frat boy out partying. I get the impression that when I see him that he's thinking "How did I ever get to be president?" and getting a huge laugh out of it.

It is difficult to understand how he won two elections. How could so many people be conned into voting for this fool? I could understand if John McCain had won the nomination in 2000 and thereafter the presidency, but Bush Jnr? Come on America: think of everything you've given the world. Surely you can do better than this? You are a country of unprecedented power, riches and resources. Think of all the talented people you've got. Think of your dominance in science, the arts, industry and everything else (well, apart from the automotive sector).

The mind boggles.

18. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

"Third Awakening"?!? For one reason or another, I was ruminating the other day on the Rennaissance...and that, of course led me to think that with the rise of fundamentalism all over the world and the rejection of science here in the U.S., we are pretty much moving into a new Dark Ages.

Bush sees a new religious fervor. He doesn't, of course, even begin to see that "religious fervor" is what caused September 11. Freaking dummy...!

And as if that weren't enough, he's back to the old simple dichotomy between good and evil, light and darkness. Oh, if only life were that simple. It's great to see that Dubya sees the world with the same depth one finds in a comic book.

Of course, that may be a disservice to comic books. [​IMG]

19. brikeh macrumors 6502a

brikeh

Oh Wow, yes. My god you have no Idea. But still our head of state kisses his ass. :mad:

Sweden.

20. Black&Tan macrumors 6502a

Black&Tan

"Bush told a group of conservative journalists that he notices more open expressions of faith among people he meets during his travels, and he suggested that might signal a broader revival similar to other religious movements in history. Bush noted that some of Abraham Lincoln's strongest supporters were religious people "who saw life in terms of good and evil" and who believed that slavery was evil. Many of his own supporters, he said, see the current conflict in similar terms."

Hmmm, so he is now equating himself to Abraham Lincoln. Nice.

21. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Its sad man has a history of making up things to believe,worship, then wants others to follow and yet science is looking us in the face. Bush claims of being a christian is somewhat suspect. I wonder how jesus would judge his war?

22. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Well, these guys are the new Pharisees, so you tell me how Jesus would judge them and their war. ;)

23. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

Live by the sword, die by the sword. Jesus would say something like that, or was it Hamlet? :confused:

24. Queso macrumors G4

Something is rotten in the state of......crap! D.C. isn't a state..... :(

25. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Yes- and now she'll be damaging other people in the name of God. :(