Bush the Antichrist

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by professor, Aug 19, 2004.

1. Neserk macrumors 6502a

Neserk

2. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

talk about your strange bedfellows...

...oh, isn't Bush supposedly a born-again Christian?...ouch, that's gotta sting...

3. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

Props to everyone that read the whole thing. I could only get thru the first few paragraphs.

It has nothing to do w/his position. There just only so much bible thumping I can take in one night...

Lethal

4. Bobcat37 macrumors member

Bleh, crap I say. They have a few good doctrines on their website mixed with a lot of strange ones IMO. For instance:

"Both spiritual and physical healing are included in every person's salvation.

Never can physical healing be Scripturally separated from salvation under the New Covenant. The term saved always includes the benefits of physical health."

They say that salvation can also save you from things such as poverty, pain and failure. Right...

Don't remember any of that happening to me...

Or their claim that "Most mental illness is caused by Satan and demons" (lol!)

They also harp on how Harry Potter is evil.

They practice speaking in tongues.

They compare Bush to Hitler.

Um... yeah... I think "Christians" like this give Christians a bad name.

In my opinion (and I am a Christian) they are crazy...

The people on that site sound like the bible thumpers on TV who say "send me your money and God will make your life perfect!"

Now that is false teachings...

5. Bobcat37 macrumors member

I would say there can be good "bible thumping" and bad.... that was bad.

6. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

further than i made it...

7. amnesiac1984 macrumors 6502a

if you don't take it so literally, and more metaphorically its good stuff, and it works too. I'm no Christian because I don't believe in labelling spirituality, but it's all different ways of explaining a good message.

8. takao macrumors 68040

takao

hm okay many things in there sound funny but under all those layers of funny words there are still things which should be considered

especially the "you reap what you sow" part

9. Neserk macrumors 6502a

Neserk

Let me sum it up for you:

Some Christians believe in THE anti-christ. In reality the bible speaks of many. Think of it literally and you get the idea. People who do things against Christ/Jesus.

Jesus, according to the gospels, while human, is also strongly against violence. You read things like: love your enemy, turn the other cheek, do good to those that persecute you. All reportedly directly from Jesus' mouth.

The writer is juxtapositioning those teachings with Bush's actions. If indeed Bush is a Christian he would not retaliate. As a supposed Christian he had the option of following Jesus teachings (novel idea for a Christain :rolleyes: ) which would have (in the author's opinion) allowed people who weren't Christian to become Christians because they would have seen that Jesus makes a difference in how we treat one another.

While I'm not in favor of converting people from other religions the author makes some really excellent points about appropriate Christian behavior -- and Bush's lack there of.

10. Neserk macrumors 6502a

Neserk

Bible thumping is bad. But the author is right on when it comes to What Bush has done versus what the Gospels teach. You only say it is bad because you like Bush.

11. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

OMG. What would Jesus do. Well, personally, I think if Jesus was still alive, he would have laid the smack down on Osama in person.

What a joke. Yes, after 9/11 we should have held the worlds hand. Withdrawn our military from ever base in the world and brought our boys home. We should have told Israel you are on your own. Paid double for oil because, well, they are poor countries that need money. Completely changed our belief strucutre, and given the terrorists everything they deserved and we should have done this all in the name of God.

What a friggin joke. :rolleyes:

12. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

I don't think you've quite got the hang of the Christian thing.

13. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Yea, I do. The point of Christianity is very simple. Love. Period. Not this, if you don't believe you will rot crap. God wanted us to love. Jesus died for us because of love. Love is what the bible is about. The problem is the **** that gets carried out in God's name. You have wacko's in every religion that pervert the system so that they can kill, mame, and destory in God's name.

14. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Exactly. The only way to stop the cycle of violence is to stop it.

15. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Right, but you think Osama will listen to that logic? Kalied Sheik Mohammad maybe?

There are some that you do have to remove from the equation so that you can attempt to balance it.

16. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

There is no way to peace. Peace IS the way.

Wise words.

17. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

I disagree. You can't say: "I'll stop killing after these last ones".

18. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Your right, I say keep killing them as they pop up.

19. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Wow! You're really on a roll today, aren't you? :D

20. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

And that's worked how well in the war on drugs? If you kill one and create two, how does that serve anything except your thirst for vengence?

21. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Well, you are talking about two different wars. The law is the law though and take down those that traffic drugs. Lock them up.

However the guy that takes down two landmark buildings, and kills 3,000 people. You have to deal with him a little differently.

22. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

My attitude has changed somewhat lately based on events that have happened to family in friends that are in Iraq.

23. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

You didn't answer the question. If you kill one and create two, what does that accomplish?

24. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Ah so you are reacting emotionally. Didn't anyone tell you not to let your emotions rule your actions?