Bush thinks the American people are stupid

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by pseudobrit, Mar 6, 2004.

1. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

You arrogant little ****less bastard. How stupid do you think the American people are?

Four years of your ****ty tax cuts have thrown this nation into economic and unemployment hell.

You got all the tax cuts you wanted and it screwed us for decades. Now you want MORE??!! SOB!!

I am so disappointed that this drunken, lazy, spoiled waste of a human being can stand in front of the nation and say this crap and not be lynched out of office for it.

link

2. Neserk macrumors 6502a

Neserk

Is his head in the sand or does he really think people don't realize that they are out of worked or have lost significant income?

3. IIvan macrumors regular

The American people are stupid. They (we) are not aware of the way things really are and believe what ever we hear. Hell- we still believe that we are winning a "war on terrorism"! :confused: :(

4. vniow macrumors G4

pseudo, put the hockey stick down and back away slowly....

5. pseudobrit thread starter macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

ha. I just got thrown out of a game a few weeks back for going after a guy who slashed me. That's one thing Bush hasn't done to me yet. Lost a manufacturing job -- yes. Two handed slash across the wrists -- not yet.

must...control...temper.

6. Savage Henry macrumors 65816

Savage Henry

in a one horse, two house, three pub town.
    Your election fascinates me this side of the ponds more than our own, possibly because ours is a foregone conclusion.

With the Democrat race reporting, not just tiny, but massive increases in voter turnout, the Bush camp must genuinely worried considering how close it was when he got in.

His weak-ass "Democrats will raise taxes" remark is straight from his Dad's book. I listened to a Bill Hicks CD from 11 years ago and he ripped holes in Bush Snr. argument of the exact same bullplop remark. It was wrong then and it's wrong now.

You guys aren't stupid, not by a long shot. But when the day comes, make the difference and Vote .... please!!!!

7. superbovine macrumors 68030

superbovine

acutally lowering taxes will stimulate the economy according to the "trickle down economics theory". it will let business owners to save money, re-invest money and expand their business in theory. this will create jobs and new tax revenue for the goverment. raising taxes will only force ppl not to invest their extra money in their business, but pay taxes. remember that 10% of the american population pays 70% of the income taxes, but no one wins election raising taxes on the middle class either. i am not taking sides on the issue, but i like to point to you the basis for bushes argument (i said THEORY remember). i'd also like to point out kerry would not raise taxes on the middle class, but rather tax the rich as he has said in his speeches.

the reason why i said all that is that, an educate person with a little knowledge or economics could say that the bushes, taxes had some basis in economic theory therefore he does not take the american people to be stupid. just like kerry economic plan of cutting back most of the bush tax has some basis in economic theory. it just a matter of your perception, but you shouldn't think bush think the american people are stupid.

8. diamond geezer macrumors regular

Actually, what they do with extra money is line their own pockets and make campaign donations.

http://www.ufenet.org/press/archive/2000/exec_excess_2000_pr.html

9. wwworry macrumors regular

Can you tell me when this theory has ever worked to create jobs and resulted in acceptable deficits?

No???

because it never works. It's just a dumb theory that rich people have come up with to transfer the tax burden on the middle class. First look at the recent 40 year history of who is paying the taxes. You'll see the share paid by corporations and the top 1% is getting smaller and the share paid by the middle class is getting bigger. Then remember that federal income taxes are not the only taxes paid by people. Also realize that the federal govt. is shifting more and more of it's funding obligations onto the states and municipalities. State taxes that pay for these federally mandated programs usually hit lower and middle income people harder.

You could even look at the growing gap between the richest and the middle class and put two and two together - the middle class is being fleeced. Our children are going to be stuck with the bill.

Sure that theory sounds nice like communism sounds nice but it just doesn't work.

10. wwworry macrumors regular

I'm sorry to repeat myself but it is important. "trickle-down" and "supply-side" theories have been discredited. They do not work.

Trickle-UP works.

11. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

i'm a fan of sample sizes > 1

12. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

it's also well nigh impossible to quantify that. small anecdotal evidence doesn't describe the larger picture, where there's still a net loss of 2 million jobs under bush.

clinton, like most other presidents, had a net gain. my anecdotal evidence from the 90s is that my company increased its employees by 600% from 96'-'00. but that doesn't mean that's what the overall job market did.

13. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

It's called the "for instance proof." It can be of great utility when you can't come with any real evidence.

14. windowsblowsass macrumors 6502a

all right first of all this is not a bush recession Clinton caused this recession and it started to take affect when bush took office After 9/11 our economy was devestated people werent traveling were in fear and this caused economic problems tax cuts give people money which they spend on goods which helps buisness which helps our economy just because you are ignorant and dont understand this doesnt mean you have to flip out and call him a drunken b@$t@rd just because when he was in college and twenty some he partyed so what does this mean anything now no also tell me honestly that you never went to aprty during college

15. windowsblowsass macrumors 6502a

actually they do the theory goes like this give a rich person money hell build a factory which will give money to many others its like you gve a man a fish he will eat for a day you teach a man to fish he will eat for a lifetime or you give aman money hell have it for a few days you give a man a job hell have money for a lifetime or until he gets fired*

16. windowsblowsass macrumors 6502a

REAGEN HW BUSH

17. 3rdpath macrumors 68000

3rdpath

2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    shouldn't this be in the " have you ever been drunk" thread....

18. pseudobrit thread starter macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

Bush has had control of this nation for over three years and has gotten nearly every economic plan he wanted passed. It's time to stop blaming Clinton and 9/11.

Tax cuts for the poor and middle class gives people money that is spent on goods. What we got were tax cuts for the rich which are not spent and no reinvested in the economy.

Your economic theory is not based in reality.

Show some manners or piss off.

He was an alcoholic until he was 40 years old. He was a father by then and quite out of college.

19. Neserk macrumors 6502a

Neserk

IF that is how it is suppose to work than those tax breaks should have come with the stipulation that the money be used to create jobs for the rest of us!

It didn't and it didn't.

20. acidrock macrumors 6502

I think that he doesn't realize that every (intelligent) person in this country thinks that he's stupid.

21. superbovine macrumors 68030

superbovine

look i called in a theory. geez i never said it worked....i just was pointed facts. so all you ppl flaming for saying it doesn't, i never said it did!

22. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

"it's not theory, it's fact!"

awesome. prove it.

23. wwworry macrumors regular

Yes, I know the theory. I have lived through much of it. Truely, it does not work. You have got to start looking at the actual numbers instead of relying on this faith-based economic plan.

Look at February's job numbers: 21,000 jobs created (much less than normal and fewer than population growth).

No jobs were created in the private sector.
    All new jobs were govt. jobs.
    With two years of massive cuts no new jobs are created.

What do you say to that? That is a fact. There is no way Bush can cut taxes any more because we are already dangerously in debt, which is bad by the way. So there's your proof. End of story. Trickle down has again been proven false.