Bush told Blair of 'going beyond Iraq'

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Oct 15, 2005.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

link

pretty ambitious of bush. that he's still stuck in country #1 must frustrate him to bits.

2. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

when i read stuff like this i just get sick and saddened that im an American, and that fellow citizens can elect such a spawn of satan. :mad:

3. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Funny, I get sick and saddened that I'm a Briton. Blair is such a poodle.

4. Roger1 macrumors 65816

Roger1

I have nothing to add, so I have to ask:
    Is that a french poodle, or a freedom poodle?

:D

5. iDM macrumors 6502a

iDM

The Commonwealth of PA/The First State-DE
    I think i heard about this around when this war began.

This is pretty scary stuff folks how/when will this man be stopped?? He still has over 2 years LEFT, something, someone or some country is gonna have to give.

6. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Yeah, his GOP majority is going to to give in about 13 months. And I think you'll find that he has 3 years left. Bush is president until Jan 2009. That is what, 39 months?

But still, at this point it looks like there is going to be some losses for the GOP in '06 to put it mildly.

7. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

It does show just how off this crew is in estimating global dynamics and the potential of military operations. They just don't have a clue.

8. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Are you certain? Doesn't Blair have his own political fish to fry?

9. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Years later i would like to know what Bush has done with Saudi Arabia? Other then the Big Give Away to the Oil Companies :rolleyes:
    There wasnt one Iraqi who attacked us on 911.
    Bin Laden is Saudi!
    Bin Laden and Saddam are not the same Person.
    But we do have Saddam and are in Iraq. Somethings wrong with this picture or do just non Republicans see it? :rolleyes:

10. iDM macrumors 6502a

iDM

The Commonwealth of PA/The First State-DE
    Wow i should have re-read and edited that one, touché!

11. tristan macrumors 6502a

I dunno - this list doesn't make any sense. Saudi Arabia and Pakistan are allies (of sorts). And we're adopting a whole different strategy with North Korea, trying to get the Chinese to contain them. I think I would see only two countries on the Bush hit list besides Iraq - Iran and Syria.

But if the administration really had a "hit list", they pretty much blew it when no WMDs were found in Iraq. Before that, they could have probably sold an Iran invasion - everybody hates Iran. But now, who would believe any justification the administration gave for an invasion?

12. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

Pakistan and Saudi have always been allies of convenience, not allies in a broader sense of the world. Our alliance with Pakistan has repeatedly faded, but "every time [we] try to get out they keep pulling [us] back in." Saudi is the world's top oil producer. The US is the top oil consumer. So we play nice. But in policy circles, the conversation has always been "when" do we invade Saudi, not "if."

The basis of these future invasions is that Saudi Arabia and Pakistan are considered to be future collapsed states. They just seem doomed to failure, so at some point someone is going to have to go in there and stop the future civil war. Or so the idea goes.

13. BakedBeans macrumors 68040

BakedBeans

Bomb them all..... with nukes.... everywhere apart from england and us.... yeah, screw them all.

NO wait, sweden can stay, i like volvos.

and cuba too, i like the cigars

but the rest can go, yeah. lets develop something worse than napalm for them.

is texas part of the US, if not save them too

- by G.W. Bush

The only thing worse that living in a country run by a warmongering baffoon (like you yanks do) is living in the country that is rules by his bitch.

14. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

If we had a Govt who wasnt bought out by the Megacorporations we could have all this Energy stuff solved. With Nuclear,Solar,Thermal,Bio- Fuel etc and our own Oil we dont have to be so dependent. But Our Govt said No more high MPG vehicles, No more Solar research,No Nuclear No more incentive for pushing higher standards and was bought off. Its the 70s again. They should have kept pushing for higher standards in appliances,cars,powerplants ,AC units you name it. but when your govt is Ran by these same manufactors this what you get. We could have a new industry in domestic energy instead we got dependent on the Arabs again. I blame a lot of this on a Republican Congress this past Decade.

15. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

Let's see, according to the original plan, we were supposed to be out of Iraq by December 2003. Oil would be flowing, gas would be cheap, and the US would have decisively proved that we have the biggest cocks of all.

Which country would we be in now? Or would all the regimes just have folded naturally when faced with the idea of a democratic neighbor-country? You would've thought that when the first part of the plan didn't work (no flowers being thrown, no mints on pillows) that the neocons would've re-assesed the rest of the plan.