Bush Tries to Ease Seniors' Fears

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by IJ Reilly, Mar 11, 2005.

1. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Don't let the headline fool you.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-bush11mar11,1,6744791.story

2. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

It's good to know that those other venues don't involve the ears of lawmakers who support Bush's agenda...I'm glad to hear that the President is engaged in group-think instead of a thoughtful consideration of the concerns and opposition of millions of Americans.

Whatever happened to great public debate and civic engagement? It is a sad day when our government isn't even engaged enough to entertain the comments and concerns of informed citizens.

3. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Oopsie!

4. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

so bush undermines gov't bonds and look what stocks do:

Attached Files:

5. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

It's everyone else who will get nothing.

6. mischief macrumors 68030

mischief

Ah...

You'll get the appropriate # of $ but they'll be worth less than dirt. Today's retirees (those who can still vote Republican in the next cycle) will get what they've been promised. The rest of us will have to do something else like a 90%@30 Years plan. Hmm... I guess that means we'll all have to work for Law Enforcement, Fire Departments or other select Unionized Gvt. careers.

7. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Thank you the people like me who have paid into this sytem for 20 -30 years are going to get the shaft. yeah its great for the old farts and great for the kids but who is going to get screwed in this one? 25 year olds-49 year olds better keep and eye on this spin campaign.

8. IJ Reilly thread starter macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

I'm already dizzy.