Bush up to his same old tactics.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by freeny, Mar 16, 2006.

1. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

2. Arnaud macrumors 6502

"Under long-standing principles of self defense, we do not rule out the use of force before attacks occur".

Sorry, gotta go out, going to throw up.

3. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Classic one-trick-pony. Once again Bush is speaking loudly and carrying a small stick.

And if he's not careful, it'll get him into the same (or worse) kind of trouble that we've got in Mess O' Potamia right now.

4. Arnaud macrumors 6502

I just wonder (besides maaaaaany other questions of common sense and/or human empathy), how would the Bush gov't finance yet another (disastrous) war ? More budget voting ? Is he buying fake dollars from North Korea, to cover up the expenses ? Or does he plan to milk even more the American People for the benefit of Daddy's friends ?

5. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

F***ing idiot! Come on Bush apologists, defend this fool. I dare you. He is completely indefensible.

6. emw macrumors G4

emw

Un-****ing-believable. I'd say more, but I'm just dumbfounded by the sheer audacity of this moron.

7. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

it says something when it gets the usually quiet (politically speaking) e brother to speak out

8. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

i'm curious to see how bush polls next week. i really want to know if the american public is willing to buy into this one more time.

9. emw macrumors G4

emw

If there's one think I'll talk about, it's bush.

And sometimes the president, too.

10. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

hey, that's a new, never been done before double entendre.

11. emw macrumors G4

emw

I like to be jaded and repetitive in my thinking when I discuss Bush. It seems more fitting that way.

12. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

true enough

so when do we attack iran? hopefully days and not months. i haven't had a good shock and awe in like, forever!

13. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    What I can't stand is how he throws around the word "freedom." Yeah, *******, America is SOOOOOOOOO free with it's patriot acts and bans on gay rights. Who hates our freedoms more, Bush, or the terrorists, hm? And now he's piling North Korea onto this IRAN situation.

In case you haven't noticed, Mr. President, THERE ARE NO MORE TROOPS FOR ANY MORE WARS

YOU

****ING

MORON!

14. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

I'm not as angry as the rest of you.

I'm as upset, just not as visibly, verbally angry. Fact is, I half expected this. If he intends to employ military force against Iran, the fact that he has no troops, no international backing and no money will not stop him.

I mean, to him it's the same war...just one letter's difference. And how hard can that be? :rolleyes:

This is really sheer lunacy, and a part of me wants Bush to try to go through with it, so he and his fellow neos can further divide the Republican party and alienate the rest of the nation as well.

Yes, there will be morons who will agree with him even on this, but they are becoming fewer and fewer. So I will take the philosophical position that all this will help liberalism in the long run. Short term I hope it puts Democrats back in power, but long term perhaps Bush will hurt us so bad that people will take a new look at true liberalism, and the pacifism and non-interventionism that are a part of its core values.

EDIT: Oh, BTW, I saw a physicist and college professor giving a lecture this morning. I don't know where he got his statistics and I therefore don't know how solid they are, but one thing he said struck me: contrary to what Bush claims, 95% of all the Muslim terrorists in the world have been created in the last three years via our interventionism in Iraq.

15. freeny thread starter macrumors 68020

freeny

Iranq?

16. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

If you look at the past 5 years selling fear is the only thing the draft dodging neocons who surround Bush are good at. Where are those WMDs that Cheney & Bush said Saddam had?? Bush's has no foreign policy and his domestic policy is to sell out America at every chance for his buddies who run Dubai,Haliburton and other multinational companys. Hell this president & his republican scumdogs still wont address the mexican invasion of our "Homeland" just the word Homeland makes me puke! sounds like crap from Nazi Germany or Russia gag! Face it America we have a incompetant administration of spin and selling fear is all they know.

Meanwhile Bin Laden the guy responsible for 911 is free. No wonder Jessica Simpson wants nothing to do with these guys.

17. aquajet macrumors 68020

Must have been one of those newfangled pot smokin, swingin style wingtip wearin, latte drinkin, hippie-commie-homosexual -type professors?

18. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Actually, what made this guy worth listening to was that he was a middle-aged, conservatively-dressed and -mannered type...not your typical wild-eyed conspiracy freak. And while that doesn't necessarily make him right, it did make him appear more credible than, say, Alex Jones, the conspiracy theorist we discussed in another recent thread.

19. emw macrumors G4

emw

Well, the article definitely explains why every other commercial in CBS' NCAA Tournament coverage is for the Army.

20. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

don't be silly - this administration just wants to help young boys and girls be all that they can be! Plus, you can't fly those cool jet planes and operate huge naval fleets as a civilian! :cool: :rolleyes:.

The tactics used to get people in the military are sick. They'd bring a huge ship styled bus to my high school and let kids go through and play flight simulators and then ask them to register to learn more about joining the navy at the end. Some kids are actually that stupid, to get suckered into that.

e

21. TrenchMouth macrumors 6502

My usual response to Bush used to be anger. In all reality, there were things that Clinton did that I didn't agree with. No one is perfect. However, the current administration has taken things to a new level for me, so much so that I don't get mad anymore. For me it is depressing. I don't want optimism any more. From anyone, Dem or GOP. I want reality. I want the sad truth. I want bleak honesty.

I love our country as much as the next person (American at least), if not more than many. I don't see problems anymore. Instead I see monumental tasks that need to be addressed. All kinds. And I don't want people to lie to each other. Just tell me that things aren't good. I am not going to get mad. Optimism is over used. Tell me we are in debt way over our heads, tell me people hate and want to kill me, tell me that millions of kids are dying all over the place, and tell me that we spend twice as much trying to pay off interest as we do on our entire educational system. Then tell me what I need to do to start doing something about it. Tax me more. I'll buy a low emission car. I'll pay more for energy. I'll take a more active role in the public school system. I'll listen to debates on abortion from all ends of the spectrum.

But if you tell me everything is OK one more f***ing time...we are going to have problems. Likewise, using fear to alienate us even farther from the rest of the world is not a very good policy.

22. Arnaud macrumors 6502

So what you mean is, too bad, but in the end it will be fine ? A little more war, but it will bring peace in the US ?
    The truth reads: Too bad FOR NON-AMERICAN PEOPLE AND/OR US TROOPS, but in the end it will be fine FOR AMERICAN PEOPLE.

I'm sorry, but this kind of theory makes me sick as well. So what is it, you don't agree with Bush, but find a reason to get along ? What about voicing your concern out ? How come so many people are against Bush, but nobody is in the street, or not enough at least ?

Somebody must have already said that being passive is not any better than being guilty.

23. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

I think what he meant was that maybe this would cause people to be less likely in the future to rush into wars needlessly and carelessly, which would benefit Americans and non-Americans alike. The Bush administration might make the people of the US question their leaders a bit more than they have in the past, I think that's a very good thing (for everyone).

e

24. StarbucksSam macrumors 65816

StarbucksSam

We all know he has a small stick. Sorry, couldn't resist that one...

He makes me SICK. I mean, what's next, we're going to attack China b/c they could forseeably become a more productive economy?

25. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

And forget that pesky lesson we're learning in pesky Iraq.

It's a good thing we jumped on Saddam before he fully materialised.