Bush wants Congress to give him the power to use military in law enforcement

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by sunchildx, Oct 5, 2005.

1. sunchildx macrumors newbie

in case a bird flu breaks out. so far, there has been 116 cases reported and half have been fatal. supposedly, ... "supposedly" the bird flu could kill up to 160 millions. where they get these numbers, is weird.

to the point, this is getting scary. i'm not criticising anybody, its just getting scary. anybody with me

http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/10/04/bush.avianflu/index.html

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Thread moved to Politics forum.

sunchildx, simply because you can't post in politics yet, don't post this stuff else where in the forums :rolleyes:

3. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

The figure is the upper limit quoted by the UN's coordinator of Avian and Human flu.The WHO have pooh-poohed the numbers but he insists they may be correct.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/4292426.stm

4. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

At least it's not as bad as the Black Death: upwards of one third of the population of England died, equating to 20 million people today in just one country. Malthus would be pleased.

5. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

I find it interesting that more people died in the flu epedemic post WW1 than died in the war.

6. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Funny. I was just thinking the other day: you know what Bush needs? More power. :rolleyes:

In all seriousness, unless this turns into The Stand, I'd prefer the government handle things through conventional means.

Years ago the government made a huge deal about what a plague "swine flu" was going to be. And...

Nothing.