Bush: We'll use diplomacy with Iran. / Iran: Forget it.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Thomas Veil, Feb 7, 2005.

1. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Feb 14, 2004

Nice to know that with genuine threats like this popping up, Georgie is spending all our resources on Iraq.
  2. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Dec 21, 2002
    Yahooville S.C.
    Sitting on top of all that oil there is only 1 reason for a nuclear program and it aint for making electricity. Clinton screwed up on N. Korea and Bush is on Iran. Maybe we need our own Nuke watchdog group since the U.N doesnt seem to be able to do much on anything and seems to be taken as fools. Didnt N.Korea do this and so is Iran now. While the U.N. scratches its ars and pushes papers and does lots of talking........they are busy making the weapons. Direct action give them a warning to shut it down or we will shut it down for you.

Meanwhile Europe sits there and wonders why the fuss :rolleyes: :rolleyes: they dont seem to ever get it do they???
  3. brap macrumors 68000

May 10, 2004
    I'm sure Iran sees itself as "next on the list". Staring in the face of Madddd Cowboy George, Yeeee-Haw! - wouldn't you be doing your damndest to puff out your chest and look scary?

Iran now has damn good reason to bare her teeth. What may have been a "Project on the back burner", has probably become priority #1.
  4. takao macrumors 68040

Dec 25, 2003
    Dornbirn (Austria)
    hm ... on the recent european visit
    mrs. Rice said that the US _won't_ talk with iran ..so i found the headline of this thread rather ironic ;)

the UN is there to do talking instead of fighting...

and for the "own nuclear watchdog" ... we all know how well that worked the last time

personally i wouldn't care about iranian nuclear facilities or weapons ..they can have as much as they want ... their arms are much further away than US,british,russian or french ones....
  5. Xtremehkr macrumors 68000

Jul 4, 2004
    Does anyone honestly think that Iran would try and place Nuclear weapons inside of our borders. Absolute destruction would be assured. I think this is more about defense on their part which makes the intentions of NeoCons all the more transparent.

Not that we could do anything major to Iran without a draft or something. Iraq is not exactly a pillar of Democracy.