Bush WIRED during first debate!

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by e-coli, Oct 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. e-coli macrumors 68000

e-coli

Was President Bush literally channeling Karl Rove in his first debate with John Kerry? That's the latest rumor flooding the Internet, unleashed last week in the wake of an image caught by a television camera during the Miami debate. The image shows a large solid object between Bush's shoulder blades as he leans over the lectern and faces moderator Jim Lehrer.

Additionally, In one odd moment during the presidential debate, Bush, in response to. . . well. . . nothing, held up his hand and strongly stated, "let me finish," suggesting that there was someone else talking to him aside from the moderator as he still had plenty of time left to make his point.

See Here

Sorry if this is in the wrong category.

2. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

I'm not one to defend Bush, but couldn't that be a bullet-proof vest?

3. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

Your link doesn't work, 503'ed, I think that this has already been brought up in a topic, and Political Forum might be better.

Otherwise, I didn't see the debate, but I downloaded it off of the iTMS/Audible section, and I remember hearing that "Let me finish". Since I was working on a drawing assignment at the time, I figured that I had just missed what he was interrupted by. It's an interesting idea, though it seems that its just going to be something that the opposition blows out of proportion, and not really too important in terms of his job as commander and chief.

4. e-coli thread starter macrumors 68000

e-coli

The server is swamped right now...try again later, if you care.

And bullet proof vests are flat on the back. If they weren't, a bullet would have something to "dig" into.

I know this because I do a lot of advertising for defense companies...random knowledge.

5. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Worked a second ago. Must be too many connections. Works now too.

6. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

I thought this, but had nothing to back it up... The bulge just confirms it. His eye movement was certainly not that of a man left to his own thoughts, whether he was speaking or listening to Kerry... it seemed more like, someone else was worried about the points Kerry was making, Bush was only interested in something else, unseen. Certainly he did not react appropriately when taking notes during Kerry's turns... his facial expressions weren't reactionary as one might expect.

paul

7. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Don't you think if this were true that Kerry would of said something about it by now. This doesn't make any sense. Bush may not be the best speaker but he is not stupid by any means.

8. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

"Tribal sovereignty means that, it's sovereign. You're a—you've been given sovereignty, and you're viewed as a sovereign entity. And, therefore, the relationship between the federal government and tribes is one between sovereign entities."—Washington, D.C., Aug. 6, 2004 :rolleyes:
    Not stupid, riiight.

And I hit the winning home run in the Red Sox game tonight.

9. Macs R Us macrumors 6502

Here on My Mac(s) in my house in the USA!
    I know Bush was realy tired at the Miami Debate, since he was helping with the people that had herican damage really late...

10. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

Yeah, it's hard work being photographed in front of a disaster. Really tuckers a president out.

New York Times online is covering this subject, if anyone is interested.

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/10/09/politics/campaign/09bulge.html (free registration required)

Ah, i'll just post it.

So, uh, they're claiming it was a "rumple". Yeah, funny thing about those suits he wears, that they rumple in the shape of a square and wire coming off. In multiple images, in multiple positions. Of course, this was after they tried to claim the photos were doctored, but no one bought it.

glad the press is poking around in this, because it certainly seems suspicious.

paul

11. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

12. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Wouldn't you see a wire or an earpiece in his ear, ok maybe you can't see it in his ear but you should see a wire up his neck.

13. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Can anyone post a picture of this, I would like to see what they are talking about.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.