Bush's 60 minutes interview

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by it5five, Jan 14, 2007.

1. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

2. MACDRIVE macrumors 68000

MACDRIVE

I don't see him as arrogant, but rather hell bent on doing what he believes is right to protect the American people.

My gut feeling tells me that there have been numerous attempts made by terroists to detonate nuclear devices inside the U.S. And if it weren't for Bush being so head strong, we'd already been blown up 4 or 5 times over by now.

3. it5five thread starter macrumors 65816

it5five

My gut feeling tells me there hasn't been any attempts to detonate any devices in the US, since the terrorists already won.

He isn't protecting the American people at all. He is making the world far more unsafe for Americans abroad.

4. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

bit of a nuke obsession you've got there.

5. MACDRIVE macrumors 68000

MACDRIVE

The people of the MidEast have already hated Americans far before G.W. took office. I think they would have eventually hated us just as much as they do now with or without G.W.

6. seabass069 macrumors regular

Bush knows that if he loses the war, then there is the potential that he could be tried for war crimes. He is doing everything he can to prevent that.

7. MACDRIVE macrumors 68000

MACDRIVE

I just think we should get them before they get us.

8. it5five thread starter macrumors 65816

it5five

Except they won't get us, since they don't have nukes.

9. MACDRIVE macrumors 68000

MACDRIVE

They're working on it, and fast.

10. it5five thread starter macrumors 65816

it5five

No, they're not.

And if they are, it's only because we are invading countries and playing world police.

11. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

You don't know the first thing about nuclear weapon design and manufacture.

12. MACDRIVE macrumors 68000

MACDRIVE

It's not something I spend countless hours researching no.

13. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

Then you have absolutely no authority to claim that terrorists are working on nulcear weapons at any speed.

I don't know how to nicely point out the fact that you're talking out of your ass.

14. MACDRIVE macrumors 68000

MACDRIVE

pseudobrit -- If you want to go on living in your protective bubble, rather than face reality, that's your business. ;)

15. it5five thread starter macrumors 65816

it5five

Ha! You're one to talk. ;)

16. aquajet macrumors 68020

Huh?

17. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Yes they did hate us but they have already won when the Patriot Act was signed and our freedoms started to be taken away. I don't think that there have been any more attempts, because if there had been Bush would have used the fact that they were stopped to help support his wiretapping.

18. MACDRIVE macrumors 68000

MACDRIVE

I agree that Bush has made alot of mistakes; in large part because of Cheney. But I think there's alot of information that he feels we shouldn't know; either because it would scare us to death, or because he doesn't want the terrorists to know what he knows. The info we get from the media is just a drop in the bucket compared to what's really going on out there.

19. Black&Tan macrumors 6502a

Black&Tan

I had to turn the interview off within the first 2 minutes. I was ready to go ballistic when the interviewer asked Bush if he felt he owed the Iraqis an apology, and he said "no." I thought to myself you pompous sack of sh*!

We invaded a foreign country under false pretenses, failed to secure the country, failed to restore water and electricity, failed to rebuild the infrastructure, disbanded the army, allowed historical treasures to be stolen, killed and maimed thousands of innocents, and we have nothing to apologize for????

20. toontra macrumors 6502

Exactly like his last statement when he said that if mistakes had been made then he took the blame - not admitting that he'd been the one who'd made the mistakes. :mad:

21. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

u think too much, u need to face the real rules in this world rather than the revenge or "get them before they get us" story in movies.

maybe u don't realize this

as much as "get them before they got us" sounds so heroic, its stupid in reality, u are basically destroy the rule of world, and further destroy the world. when that happen, u are dead. and no human would survive.

ever see a cop road race to stop a stolen car, and crash 20 cars in process? in this case, imagine the cop is psycho and "think" the car was a stolen one.

22. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

"Gut feeling"? Macdrive, check out the meaning of "truthiness" (from Wikipedia):
    If there had been unsuccessful, government-thwarted attempts to blow up nukes in the U.S., don't you think the Administration would be trumpeting the fact, as a way of proving that it's following the right course?

I'm not trying to make fun of your contention, but without any kind of reasonable evidence, the idea of saving us from nukes smacks more of Jack Bauer than of George Bush.

23. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

The US is the only country to ever use a nuclear weapon on another country.....what in the hell gives us the right to tell other countries that they can't have nukes?

He also said that the Iraqis should be thankful for all we did for them. He is so f*cking dillusional and living in his own little world, he's not mentally fit to run this country.

24. Queso macrumors G4

The US could only use nukes then because nobody else had them. Iran has Russia to the north, Pakistan and China to the East, Israel to the West, and US fleets just off its coast. And we're surprised they want nuclear weapons?

Having nukes is the only way you are going to protect your borders against all comers. Every country that has developed them since 1945 has done so for the same reason, protection. This idea that Iran will actually use them is just propaganda. Nobody can use them, but possessing them strengthens your hand.

25. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

I agree, he has used the terrorist threat as an "EXCUSE" to grab more power for the Executive Branch and in turn moving the U.S. into a police state ran by a overbearing federal govt that answers to no one, and even ignores its own laws. He put us in Iraq and he had the Intel that showed little to nothing. They were cherry picking anything they could use,manipulating facts and even using false documents,outed a CIA agent to make a case for war. This man calls himself a Christian,its a lie. This man says he wants to keep us safe, another lie when he still hasnt secured our own borders. He works for the Corporations not the people. His actions as President has led to the deaths of thousands and thousands while Bin Laden is still free. He is derelict of duty to his Oath of office.

The only reason he wont be impeached is because we have a split Congress, a Dick as VP and less then 2 yrs before he is gone. He makes Nixon look like a Saint. A Republican Congress let this president do anything at all he wanted including starting this war,spying on Americans,Torturing people without trials, and this list never ends. After 911 he should have gone after Al-queda instead he gives us a war with Iraq when most the hijackers were Saudi. He is a discrace to this great nation of ours and has destroyed any goodwill we had. Wonder why all the nations on the planet are scrambling after weapon systems again and are making all kinds of deals? He has sold fear like no president ever before in our nations history.