Bush's approval rating hits YET ANOTHER low

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Thomas Veil, Mar 14, 2006.

1. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

There's much more in the article, but that last paragraph tells you a lot: people think you don't have a plan for ending the war, but they still think you'd do a better job of it than Bush.

The article goes on to say that one place where the GOP still holds a lead over the Democrats is on terrorism, where they lead by 4 percentage points. Four. The article doesn't really tell us, but I'd be willing to bet that that is also the narrowest lead the Republicans have ever held in that category.

On just about every other issue, the poll says the public prefers Democrats over Republicans as we head towards the fall elections.

It is to smile. :)

2. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

damn i hate the republicans.

what are the democrats going to do that will fix things?

(yes i realize that ANYTHING different is better than what bush is doing...)

i think that fact sums up my position perfectly: most people think the dems would do better, but they also don't think that they have a real plan on how to resolve things

3. Josh macrumors 68000

Josh

When the approval raiting hits an all-time high, then I'll be interested.

4. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

You know, although this is good news, whether you are a Democrat (or a true Conservative) - I do wonder about the long-term consequences of a Democratic Congress and Presidency (should that happen), having to deal with the mess that has been created.

Our deficits, healthcare and education problems, not to mention Iraq - will require difficult fixes, which will involve some sacrifice and discomfort to the citenzenry - whether it be in the form of raised taxes or just in the natural consequences of these problems (economic slowdown, continued Healthcare costs, chaos in the ME).

I could definitely see the GOP punditry attacking the Democrats mercilessly - as irresponsible as that may be - and further damaging any meaningful recovery, in their quest to get the GOP back in the favored-eye of a fickle populace.

5. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

even w/ a slowdown of stupid expenditures (iraq being a big one), imo taxes will have to be raised.

any positive change in the economy, health care, etc. accomplished under a democratic administration will immediately be hailed by the GOP as a long-term effect of previous GOP administrations, starting with reagan.

sheer hypocrisy.

6. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

When its all said and done, the U.S. will have wasted over 400 billion:eek: over 2400 dead Americans, 10 times that amount are missing a leg or arm and when its all said and done the best i can see happening in Iraq is a Shiite Theocracy installed by us. His numbers should be smaller.

What could we have been done with this 400 billion? A Space program that doesnt need russians to get to the space station? Social Security could be shored up for another decade, used for alternative energy? but instead...............................we get Iraq:(

7. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

These polls dont really mean anything.

The American populace is still stupid enough to put another Republican in office even with its current track record.

8. maestro55 macrumors 68030

maestro55

The numbers keep dropping, I wonder where they will be at the point that Bush's term is over. What is most interesting to me is that fact that Clinton was nearly kicked out of office for having sex in the oval office. Far less of a ordeal than Bush's occupation of U.S forces in Iraq. You know, we should all make love, not war.

9. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

I would have to agree, people seem to pick partys like baseball teams then want to stay loyal to the party no matter how far its drifts or wrong it becomes.

I actually like George the man, but his corporate written policy's suck donkey fodder big time.

10. cc bcc macrumors 6502

I'd like to see some international approval ratings for Bush. ;)

11. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

Well, that would be an exercise in futility, there is no international approval for gw!

12. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    But.. they hate our freedom.... :confused:

Yeah, I know man. I've heard some reports of oil being scarce as hell in 20 years. WTF are we gonna do then? Push our cars to work?! Let's not forget, we are now completely responsible for the future of Iraq. Real smart. LEt's face it, until there is a unified government made of all sects that are there to benefit all the people, it will be an Anarchist state, regardless of the actual government in place.

Get David Cross in office. I think he's about 35.

13. maestro55 macrumors 68030

maestro55

That is the problem with our politics in America. People want to stick loyal to parties. I would like to see people vote for an independent who would be willing to do what is right and not what some party wants him/her to do.

14. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

I wonder what the prostitutes in govt would do if all America decided to stop the party crap and everyone went Independent.? I think i have had enough of both parties. They both are to blame for the outsourcing of America.

15. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

I totally agree, I'd be very happy if both parties were done away with. The last thing we need is to become more polarized.

e

16. Stella macrumors 604

Stella

What does bush care about approval ratings... he's very unlikely to get empeached and he's in his last term.

Approval ratings are all academic - he'll just go down in history as the worst, and retarded president the u.s has ever had ( and hey, you lot voted for him, *twice*!!!)

17. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

What irks me is that in order to rid my people of the evil Republicans I *have* to elect the feckless Democrats. If they won't stand up and denounce the President and his tame Congress now, why would I trust them to do the right thing after the elections?

They'll never get the voters out the door if they don't start acting like principled human beings instead of frightened hangers-on.

18. StarbucksSam macrumors 65816

StarbucksSam

I agree with toast. (hehe, that sounded funny) ;)

I want to see a STRONG, PRINCIPLED Democrat who will say to the religious right "GO **** YOURSELF!". Okay, maybe with a little more eloquence than that... but you get my point.

19. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

You may want to rethink that. The last time he had high ratings was after 9/11. I'd say that the Dems couldn't do any worse than BushCo, but I've been proven wrong with such statements before.

20. Les Kern macrumors 68040

Les Kern

21. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

which country's newly elected pm looks up to gwb as a political hero? i forget....