Bush's covert ops program broader, more complex than many realized

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Thomas Veil, Dec 31, 2005.

1. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Feb 14, 2004
    I'll bet you Canadians think that GST stands for General Services Tax, eh? Read on:

There's much more, including info on torture techniques. The entire article is well worth the read.

For those who wish to avoid registration with The Washington Post, or in case they archive the story, I've saved it as a PDF here.
  2. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Dec 21, 2002
    Yahooville S.C.
    When we have a govt doing everything in secret we are going to have big problems as a nation trying to figure out who to blame.
    On a side note these same clowns are installing illegal cookies on many computers. Another practice that is suppose to be illegal but under the guise of security get away with breaking the law. The Law is something to be ignored by current gastapo stepping republicans these days it seems. Just throw up the words National Security and you can do anything you want. George's new America or Germanys old Nazi ways you decide.
  3. Lacero macrumors 604

Jan 20, 2005
    Erm... no. It stands for Goods & Services Tax. :p We have Brian Mulroney to thank for that one.

On topic...

What's the difference between the war on terror and ethnic cleansing? None, really. One man's terrorist is another man's hero. USA is going down a path that we can't follow.
  4. Thomas Veil thread starter macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Feb 14, 2004

Oh well, I'm an American. We don't really need to know anything about Canada. ;) :p
  5. mactastic macrumors 68040

Apr 24, 2003
    We only kill bad guys. I thought everyone knew that.

On to the article... this part really struck me as so typical of this administration's ostrich policy -- when you don't want to let evidence spoil a perfectly good ideological position, put your head in the sand.
  6. solvs macrumors 603

Jun 25, 2002
    LaLaLand, CA
    Yeah, you and about ~60-something% of Americans. And about 90% of our former allies. It's the other ~30-something% of Americans that we have to worry about. Apparently they think that everything the current administration does is fine as long as GW has an (R) following his name. If you can wait until November before invading us, there might be a bit of a regime change in the other branches (hopefully).

Oh, and yeah... now we are fascist.