Busted Airport Connection

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by peterj1967, Oct 3, 2003.

1. macrumors regular

Aug 30, 2002
    I have a DP 1.25 and a G3 Powerbook. I have an Airport extreme card in the DP and a standard Airport Card in the G3. I share the Internet connection, cable modem, on the DP with the G3 no problems.

Used the first 10.2.8 upgrade and I couldn't get the internet via Airport on the G3. I don't keep anything on it but iTunes so not a big deal. Ran the New 10.2.8 upgrade on the DP and did a clean install of 10.2 but I can't get the internet connection back. Or when I do it is so slow it is useless pages time out and the software update won't connect The machines are sitting beside each other, at the moment, so it's not a problem with signal strength.

I'd send a image of the Network Panel, but I can't. Reset the cable modem, and both machines. No Luck, zapped the pram on the G3, don't know why, but figured it couldn't hurt, no luck.

Any suggestions welcome.

On the G3, I can use the mail app fine, and I can share files between the two machines with personal file sharing no problem, but Software update and the web do not work. Seems to be protocol specific, but I don't run the firewall on either machine?