Busted iTunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by antzyh, Aug 11, 2006.

1. antzyh macrumors newbie

I have a major problem with iTunes. I'm running iTunes 5 that came with my iPod Nano. Recently it just stopped working. Whenver I click for iTunes, a dialog pops up that says:

iTunes has encountered a problem and needs to close. Please tell Microsoft about this problem...

I'm going batty- I've had the same thing on my iPod for a few weeks now and I don't think I can take it anymore. I've tried reinstalling iTunes off of the iPod CD, restarts, etcetera.

Please help!

Additional Information: Compaq Presario, 1.8 GHz, 256 MB RAM, 80GB HD, iTunes 5.0.?, iPod Nano 1GB White. My iPod will still charge from the PC but the songs don't change and I can't use iTunes for anything.

Thanks.

2. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

I've not used iTunes for Windows (or Windows itself for that matter) for ages; have you tried to upgrade to a newer version of iTunes? I guess it sounds like a re-install of the program is necessary, and maybe you should just download it from the source: iTunes 6.0.5.

3. antzyh thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry, the version I have is actually iTunes 6.

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Well have you tried reinstalling using the version on the Apple site? :)

5. cwedl macrumors 65816

cwedl

you may want to make sure that your firewall isn't blocking itunes i had a similar thing with quicktime.

6. Jonathanmonkey macrumors newbie

I Just got a new compaq presario computer and it wont read my ipod my ipod is usually E: drive but on this computer E: drive is the cd rom drive and D: drive is somthing else THIS COMPUTER IS WEIRD HELP!!!!

I NEED IPOD SONGS:mad:

7. Jonathanmonkey macrumors newbie

8. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

It doesn't matter what drive number (letter) the computer assigns your iPod, it should work either way. What version of iTunes do you have installed?

When you plug in the iPod can you browse to it with Explorer?