busted tools

Discussion in 'Community' started by Kwyjibo, Aug 28, 2005.

1. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

so we were building a sweet bar for my college apartment and I have this 12V drill as a present my dad won two of them a few years ago at some fund raiser and was saving one for me .... well we got through like ten screws and the sucker stops working, I mean it won't screw in and buthe motor goes. It can still accomplish simple tasks but I think I have a project that conquered my drill which was hoenstly its third job. I guess I needed more than 12V's and now i'm out of power tools to complete the project back to a hammer and nails .... so I'm sad

2. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Had that: the switch was stuck between Forward and Reverse. When I pushed the switch all the way it worked again.

3. Kwyjibo thread starter macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

I definitely tried that and toggled as much as I could ... amatuer ... definitely, I'm sure if I wasn't I'd know whats wrong with it or have better equipment

4. Roger1 macrumors 65816

Roger1

Stupid Question Alert: Is the battery charged?

5. Kwyjibo thread starter macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

I thought that was the problem, when it seemed like it died, charged it over night ... no luck there

6. faintember macrumors 65816

faintember

If the motor still is turning, but nothing else is "working" look for the torque setting on the drill, and crank it up higher. On many cordless drills the adjustment for this is near the chuck. In my experience, cordless drills are great if you spend a lot of money on them, but many of the 12v variety have left me disappointed when trying to do anything moderately strenuous.