But I wanted my 2005FPW replacing...

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Dagless, Sep 13, 2006.

1. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

This is a bit of a strange one, testament to Dells gleaming Customer Support perhaps?

I bought a 2005FPW in early December. It was great, dwarfing my 12" PowerBook. But I noticed strange, mini dead pixels only against a pure black image. these faded away after time. But then an image had left an impression on the screen like the old Phosphor burns on old monitors! I had enough and contacted Dell.

I got a phonecall yesterday saying "Sorry guv, the 2005FPW is out of stock". Thinking this implied me to wait. However I was awoken by a delivery man knocking on the door. It arrived!

Not only that - it's the 2007FPW monitor! Maybe my eyes have adjusted back to the 12" PowerBook but this display seems to produce a better image.

Anyone else got a similar story or a faulty 2005FPW they want upgrading for free ;)

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Dell customer support has always been good to me too.

I bought a 26" lcd TV from them. 1 dead pixel and a quick phonecall, a new one arrived with me the next day (in rural ireland :eek: ) and when that developed a fault :rolleyes: a quick phonecall and again a new replacement the next day. This ones worked perfectly, but I really cant fault dell at all.

Now apple on the other hand :rolleyes:

3. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

They're not that bad, they are replacing my exploding battery :cool: BOOM