Buy a Macbook now, or is anything coming up?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by tmartino, Jan 19, 2007.

1. tmartino macrumors newbie

Dec 13, 2006
    I am looking to buy a blackbook soon, but I'm not sure if this is a good time to buy. I do need it, but I can make do on my iBook g4 for a while longer. Any ideas? I would like to get iLife '07, but it's not absolutely necessary.

Also, my wife has a 17" g4 iMac that is getting a little past it's prime. I was thinking about getting her a 20" iMac because she is making DVD's of our daughter all the time. Her iMac is not quite up to the task, anymore. She has said she would just like a newer laptop than the iBook instead of the old iBook and new iMac. But, for video storage and encoding, I don't think that buying her a macbook and no new iMac would be the ideal setup. With the new iMac, I can attach a external HD pretty easy and have plenty of storage. Any ideas?
  2. extraextra macrumors 68000

Jun 29, 2006
    It's a good time to buy, I would say. MWSF is over, no updates. They just updated the Macbooks in November, I'd guess they'll update them again when Leopard comes out (Spring). No idea when iLife 07 is coming out.

You could attach an external HD to the Macbook too. It's quite possible that the screen would be a little too small for video editing and whatnot, so I'd try to convince her to get the 20" iMac.
  3. MacDonaldsd macrumors 65816

Sep 8, 2005
    London , UK
    Its a good time to buy as they have just been updated. I wouldn't expect a hardware update for another few months.

But there is always the possibility of iLife 07 being days away.
  4. tmartino thread starter macrumors newbie

Dec 13, 2006
    Well, I just pulled the trigger and bought a blackbook. I can't wait.