Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shaun.P

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 14, 2003
Omicron Persei 8
I'm considering buying the Nano as it has photo capability and a colour screen.

I currently have a iPod 4gb Mini (Silver) which has been taken great care of (iSkin has been kept on this product). I was wondering if it would be worth buying the Nano and selling the Mini? I would only do this if I got a good price for my Mini.

Is anyone interested in buying the Mini in the UK? Clear iSkin included, and the Mini is in pretine condition with box etc, receipt included (bought May 14th 2005 - my 18th birthday for £139.00). Box is in great condition too.

Get back to me and let me know, I don't know what to do.

zap2

macrumors 604
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
Im getting on to replace my Shuffle

I need a little more $$$ but soon( and i need someone family members credit card to use)

Soon

mrgreen4242

macrumors 601
Feb 10, 2004
FearFactor47 said:
I'm considering buying the Nano as it has photo capability and a colour screen.

I currently have a iPod 4gb Mini (Silver) which has been taken great care of (iSkin has been kept on this product). I was wondering if it would be worth buying the Nano and selling the Mini? I would only do this if I got a good price for my Mini.

Is anyone interested in buying the Mini in the UK? Clear iSkin included, and the Mini is in pretine condition with box etc, receipt included (bought May 14th 2005 - my 18th birthday for £139.00). Box is in great condition too.

Get back to me and let me know, I don't know what to do.

Well, if it matters, I am doing exactly the same thing. I in fact already have a buyer for my mini, and I need, roughly, another $100 for a nano. As a 1G mini owner, the nano will be a step sideways in capacity, but up in battery life, screen quality, size, and weight... so all in all not bad.

My main reason for switching is that I prefer to keep my iPod in my break pocket; which I could do with my shuffle, but not so much the mini. The nano will combine the features I like of both product lines, so it's a no brainer for me.

PS For sale posts go in the Market Place forum. :)

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
I'm replacing my blue 4GB mini with a black nano (just ordered!).

I don't have a HUGE music collection, my main goal is to be able to carry my music without even knowing it (weight/size). So I'm all over this.

Now to flog the mini...

Cfly

macrumors regular
Dec 8, 2004
i just sold my ipod mini 2ndgen (used for a couple weeks) which i got free with the education rebate on ebay to some guy from california, he paid 270 canadian! people on ebay are crazy

fugeelama

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2002
Cfly said:
i just sold my ipod mini 2ndgen (used for a couple weeks) which i got free with the education rebate on ebay to some guy from california, he paid 270 canadian! people on ebay are crazy

They're not all crazy, just mostly uneducated about prices... I did the same thing with my mini a few weeks ago and broke even.

andiwm2003

macrumors 601
Mar 29, 2004
Boston, MA
i like audiobooks. therefore i wanted a small player with a screen. the shuffle is a pain when you scroll through a book. at first i thought about picking up a dirt cheap mini. but with the insane prices for used minis i might as well wait and save till christmas and buy myself a nice christmas gift in nano size :D

solvs

macrumors 603
Jun 25, 2002
LaLaLand, CA
I'm happy with my shuffle, but if I didn't have one, I might buy a nano. Anyone know if it has voice recording? That's the one big thing that made me get rid of my mini, didn't do voice, but it's a pain to carry all this stuff around all the time. If not, no biggie, I'm sure it has a market. But that would be cool.

I'm sure you can record voice notes in the new phone though, so maybe I'll just get that if it doesn't suck.

clayj

macrumors 604
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream
BOUGHT a nano

I already have a 60 GB iPod Photo, but a nice 4 GB white nano will let me carry just the music I actually listen to (90% of the music on the 60 GB has never been played or even browsed through) in a much more convenient form factor.

Piarco

macrumors 68030
Jun 24, 2004
Londinium
clayj said:
I already have a 60 GB iPod Photo, but a nice 4 GB white nano will let me carry just the music I actually listen to (90% of the music on the 60 GB has never been played or even browsed through) in a much more convenient form factor.

Heh - snap! I ordered a 2GB white nano minutes after the event finished (did anyone every experience the Apple sites going down for maintainance? I'm not sure they did this time...) and I'll be using it for the same reason. 2GB will be enough for new music recently purchased and all of my "essentials" I had on my Shuffle - which I sold this morning, along with its accessories. Got me around 60% of the outlay of the nano back straight away, plus the sale of my Airplay transmitter and earjams will get me to around a £40 outlay - which is fine by me for new tech!

cluthz

macrumors 68040
Jun 15, 2004
Norway
This will be my new ipod

I still have my 1st Gen 10G iPod, and its not working so well these days, so this came right in time :)

Ok, down from 10GB to 4GB, it's a loss, but the size and features are weigthing up for it, and the 10G couldn't hold more than 15% of my music anyway, so i usually changed much of it's content every week or so.

The thing that is really weird is that i think apple will kill sales on both minis and shuffles with this one, but we migth see the mini EOL'ed and shuffle drop in price within a few weeks.

Euan

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2005
UK
cluthz said:
The thing that is really weird is that i think apple will kill sales on both minis and shuffles with this one, but we migth see the mini EOL'ed and shuffle drop in price within a few weeks.

You could be right. I think they'll bring out larger models in the future. It's really a colour iPodmini-shufflesized player

RAS admin

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2004
Berkshires, Mass.
I just ordered a 4GB black nano. I was hoping for a nice black moto RAZR with at least a gig of iTunes storage since I am also in need of a new cell phone, but that ROKR is just no good. I previously owned 1st gen. 5GB iPod (ordered the day it was announced), 4GB silver mini (paid $300 on eBay since Apple store was backordered 6 weeks when first available). I later sold the mini on eBay for $125 with a broken hard drive (Apple wouldn't fix it because the case was too scratched).
This black nano will be perfect! The white scroll wheels get dirty real quick and hard drives don't last forever. Plus the nano has a color screen, 4GB is plenty of capacity for my needs (I never filled up my mini), and longer battery life....

DJY

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2003
Canberra AUST
I have 30GB of music on my 3G 40GB iPod...
trying to resist...
don't think I'm going to be successful though!

looks great - can't wait to see a real one!

Oh yeah did I mention I am overdue for a new gadget?
(Is this enough of an excuse / reason?)

godbout

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2005
Montreal, Canada
DJY said:
I have 30GB of music on my 3G 40GB iPod...
trying to resist...
don't think I'm going to be successful though!

looks great - can't wait to see a real one!

Oh yeah did I mention I am overdue for a new gadget?
(Is this enough of an excuse / reason?)

Hey we understand going, sometimes months, without a new gadget can be near impossible! If you were to buy it for that reason alone everyone would understand ;)

(I am starting to get the craving right now!!!)

SpaceMagic

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2003
Cardiff, Wales
I'm selling my iPod mini on ebay! I wont link it here as it'll hi-jack FearFactors thread, but i impulsed sold because I want to impulse buy.. but White or Black?!

Koodauw

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2003
Madison
Woo for minis on ebay!

I just ordered a Nano as well, but ill keep my mini. I mean its the the gold one, Cant find those anymore! (Well ok you can its just a bit harder...)

highres

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2005
Near the Singularity
How many different versions of the iPod are enough? I know it is Apple's most successful product to date, but enough is enough...I have a 4GB mini and I won't be buying any more Pods for quite some time, after all it really is just a souped up music player no matter what shapes and sizes it comes in.

Normally I obsess about all the tech options and versions on all Apple products, but I have seen enough of the Pod for now. I would much rather see a G5 PowerBook release. Not to take away from anybody who has just bought a Pod, enjoy, it really is a great product.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.