Buy after check-out

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Kev.LoveMac, Nov 14, 2012.

  1. macrumors member

    Joined:
    Oct 31, 2012
    #1
    I would like to ask how many of you are going to buy the new iMac 2012 at least after reading a thorough review of it?:confused:
     
  2. macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jun 8, 2007
    #2
    i'm buying it as soon as it's available, review or no review
     
  3. macrumors 68030

    forty2j

    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2008
    Location:
    NJ
    #3
    As it happens, I'll see reviews of the 21" before I buy, but that's a circumstance Apple and its manufacturing partners created by not having the 27" available at the same time.
     
  4. macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Sep 26, 2012
    Location:
    Caotbridge (outside Glasgow, UK)
    #4
    same here..... oh one question i have been wondering are we allowed to pre-order it or will it just buy it on the day? I remember when i got my 1st Gen iPad there was a pre-order 3 days after they accounted it and 5 days later it arrived a day before launch (if i remember correctly)
     
  5. macrumors 68030

    forty2j

    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2008
    Location:
    NJ
    #5
    Recent pattern suggests Apple does preorders of certain iOS devices but not for Macs at all.
     
  6. macrumors member

    jtrainor56

    Joined:
    Oct 23, 2010
    Location:
    Sinking Spring, Pennsylvania
    #6
    review or no review I am ordering a loaded 27" iMac. Been putting it off for a year and finally have the finances to buy one. Been in the computer field since the mid 80's and working with PC's for over 25 years. Time for a change.
     
  7. thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Oct 31, 2012
    #7
    I usually went to Anandtech.com for all reviews. In this year, I am afraid if I do not buy it as soon as it is released, the shipment will be delayed to next year. Sad:(
     
  8. macrumors 601

    talmy

    Joined:
    Oct 26, 2009
    Location:
    Oregon
    #8
    My 3 year old 27" i7 (one of the first) is still going strong. Maybe next summer.

    The real problem is that I don't need increased speed but do need the optical drive and I do clone backups using FW800. So there's no reason to buy short of system failure.
     
  9. macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jun 8, 2007
    #9
    thinking now that even if pre-orders become available in december, probably won't get it until 2013 anyways
     
  10. macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Nov 10, 2012
    #10
    I'm buying one ASAP.

    I don't care if I get a batch which requires a recall, at least I know I've got one and can pay it off.

    If I don't act fast enough and they go out of stock, I can imagine there being a 4 week ship date or something.
     
  11. macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jun 8, 2007
    #11
    i sold a rc gasser helicopter to buy a 27" 2012 if there is a delay i'm hoping i can hang onto the money :eek:
     
  12. thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Oct 31, 2012
    #12
    Sad to hear that. I cleaned my office room recently just for it.

    ----------

    You are right. I think somehow I should also trust apple after-sale service.
     
  13. macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jan 25, 2012
    #13
    i'll first be checking out the 21.5" when it is showcased at the stores. i will do so because at that time, the 27" won't be available (or it might but not for purchasing). then based on the reviews of the 21.5" i will go ahead with the purchase of the 27" model.
     
  14. macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Oct 24, 2012
    #14
    out of iMac since the beginning of October (sold my fading 2008 model).
    will buy a BTO 27" without hesitation when that BUY button will finally show up.
     
  15. thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Oct 31, 2012
    #15
    ;) I guess there may be a lot of people doing the same thing. For god sake let it be THIS WEEK.
     

Share This Page