Buy after check-out

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Kev.LoveMac, Nov 14, 2012.

1. macrumors member

I would like to ask how many of you are going to buy the new iMac 2012 at least after reading a thorough review of it?:confused:

2. macrumors 6502

i'm buying it as soon as it's available, review or no review

3. macrumors 68030

forty2j

As it happens, I'll see reviews of the 21" before I buy, but that's a circumstance Apple and its manufacturing partners created by not having the 27" available at the same time.

4. macrumors regular

same here..... oh one question i have been wondering are we allowed to pre-order it or will it just buy it on the day? I remember when i got my 1st Gen iPad there was a pre-order 3 days after they accounted it and 5 days later it arrived a day before launch (if i remember correctly)

5. macrumors 68030

forty2j

Recent pattern suggests Apple does preorders of certain iOS devices but not for Macs at all.

6. macrumors member

jtrainor56

review or no review I am ordering a loaded 27" iMac. Been putting it off for a year and finally have the finances to buy one. Been in the computer field since the mid 80's and working with PC's for over 25 years. Time for a change.

7. thread starter macrumors member

I usually went to Anandtech.com for all reviews. In this year, I am afraid if I do not buy it as soon as it is released, the shipment will be delayed to next year. Sad:(

8. macrumors 601

talmy

My 3 year old 27" i7 (one of the first) is still going strong. Maybe next summer.

The real problem is that I don't need increased speed but do need the optical drive and I do clone backups using FW800. So there's no reason to buy short of system failure.

9. macrumors 6502

thinking now that even if pre-orders become available in december, probably won't get it until 2013 anyways

10. macrumors 6502a

I'm buying one ASAP.

I don't care if I get a batch which requires a recall, at least I know I've got one and can pay it off.

If I don't act fast enough and they go out of stock, I can imagine there being a 4 week ship date or something.

11. macrumors 6502

i sold a rc gasser helicopter to buy a 27" 2012 if there is a delay i'm hoping i can hang onto the money :eek:

12. thread starter macrumors member

Sad to hear that. I cleaned my office room recently just for it.

----------

You are right. I think somehow I should also trust apple after-sale service.

13. macrumors regular

i'll first be checking out the 21.5" when it is showcased at the stores. i will do so because at that time, the 27" won't be available (or it might but not for purchasing). then based on the reviews of the 21.5" i will go ahead with the purchase of the 27" model.

14. macrumors newbie

out of iMac since the beginning of October (sold my fading 2008 model).
    will buy a BTO 27" without hesitation when that BUY button will finally show up.

15. thread starter macrumors member

;) I guess there may be a lot of people doing the same thing. For god sake let it be THIS WEEK.