buy an 8gb nano now or wait for MacWorld

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by BuffNerd, Dec 28, 2006.

1. BuffNerd macrumors newbie

BuffNerd

Hi all,
    I can get an 8gig nano for about $230 today. I was thinking of buying it now but would hate for prices to drop in a week or two after MacWorld. What's everyone's take? Buy now or wait for Macworld?

Also, if something is announced at mac world (let's say a 16Gig nano) does that mean it would be available right away or would I have to wait a month or so before I can actually get it?

What do you think ?

tx,
    The Nerd

2. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

I doubt the nanos would get updated, but MacWorld so close, it couldn't hurt to wait it out.

3. cyberddot macrumors 6502

cyberddot

Don't buy anything until after MWSF, unless you're going to make money with the nano between now and then.

4. BuffNerd thread starter macrumors newbie

BuffNerd

That's what i'm thinking since the nano was just updated in September. even if there were a 16gig nano, i doubt it would be at the same pricepoint.

5. psycoswimmer macrumors 65816

psycoswimmer

There's almost no chance for the nanos to be updated. And in the very off chance that they are, you certaintly wouldn't get a 16GB Nano for $230. I don't really think there's a place for nanos at this MacWorld. iTV, Leopard, full-screen iPod are all possibilities, but I just don't see another Nano update so soon.

6. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

My new 8GB Nano arrived today. I figured it won't be updated at Macworld. And if they do? I don't care since the Nano 'does it' for me.

7. Quboid macrumors 6502

Trust me, that is no basis to think that it woudn't get updated. Apple Does it all the time.

I am not saying it will get updated, just dont say it won't.

8. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

I have a black 8GB Nano I got for xmas. My wife is going to buy herself a Red 8GB this weekend, she saw them at the store when my dad was buying me the black one and she started drooling. So it's a post xmas present to herself. The only reason I haven't opened mine yet is that I bought iSkin cases for it and they were crap, so I returned them and ordered the PowerSupport silicone case. It's going straight from the box to the case when it gets here.

I don't see any point in waiting an extra week to see if 16s come out. I don't think they'd dare, too many people would be trying to return their presents in exchange for the new ones. Apple doesn't want that on their hands.

9. BuffNerd thread starter macrumors newbie

BuffNerd

i konw the mini and the shuffles came out post christmas. So I'd have to agree with you. At the same time, psycoswimmer is right, I doubt the 16gigers will be in the price range.

Along the same line, let's say something new is announced at MacWorld how long typically before we'll see it in the store?

10. BuffNerd thread starter macrumors newbie

BuffNerd

iLounge.com has good reviews on the cases. I like the power support one also, let me know what you think of it when you get it.

11. DarkNetworks macrumors 68000

DarkNetworks

No chance for an update for the nano in MW. I highly doubt it.

12. BuffNerd thread starter macrumors newbie

BuffNerd

Agreed, i bought the unit today. 8gb Nano with a silicon case for 240 shipped next day. they screwed up my order so i won't get it till saturday. Gives me time to convert all my WMA to aac

13. DarkNetworks macrumors 68000

DarkNetworks

Congrats!

14. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

I got my powersupport 2G Nano silicone case, round. I really like it. 1 for my black 8GB and one for my wife's red 8GB. I think it is a better case than the iskins.