Buy an iPod now or later?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by glay, Aug 22, 2005.

1. glay macrumors member

Sep 1, 2004
    Hey all! I'm looking at buying a new iPod (the 20Gb Color) but I'm am wondering whether new ones will be released soon (Apple Expo Paris)? Should I hold out until then and purchase one afterwards? Or make the purchase now? Any help would be appreciated!

PS: Sorry if this is the 1000th post on whether to buy or wait, any links to previous threads that are similar would be great! :)
  2. MacVM macrumors member

Aug 1, 2005
    I think that getting one now would be a pretty excellent idea, if you're a student. You can get $179 off! If not, then it doesn't hurt you to wait...I believe rumors have been circulating about possible ipod updates, but this confuses me because I thought that the 20 gb and 60 gb ipods just got updated. Whatever. :rolleyes:
  3. glay thread starter macrumors member

Sep 1, 2004
    Hey, how do I get $179 off? I'm in Melbourne, Australia so does that apply?
  4. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Jul 4, 2004
    If you need it now -- get it now.

If you can afford to wait, then maybe something will turn up before Christmas and perhaps the price points of the model you are interested in will be adjusted.
  5. DeSnousa macrumors 68000

Jan 20, 2005
    Brisbane, Australia
    The deal does not apply to Australia, i know it sucks im in the market for a new one. I going to hold off until a new model though.
  6. glay thread starter macrumors member

Sep 1, 2004
    Hey, do you think it would be cheaper to perhaps get someone to order it from the U.S and then ship it Australia?
  7. Chundles macrumors G4

Jul 4, 2005

This deal applies only in the US and Europe and only if you purchase a new Mac as well so unfortunately it's not good for us here in Oz.

The best you can do is $403 for the 20GB or $537 for the 60GB on the ducation store if you are a student, honestly, I'd wait and see. If you can ask the "should I wait" question then you should wait, either nothing will happen or something better will be out.
  8. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Apr 3, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    You could look through the NextByte Firesale for some cheaper prices if you want a current iPod. :)
  9. chokedamp macrumors newbie

Aug 22, 2005
    Madrid - Spain
    Withouth any doubt, if you really want to have an iPod just get one as early as possible. You are not gonna think about any update later 'cause you'll be enjoying it too much!

I still my 3G iPod and I'm still happy as if it was quite new!
  10. VanMac macrumors 6502a

May 26, 2005
    Rampaging Tokyo
    Get it now. Life is sooooo much better with an iPOD.

If they do update them, it wont take away from the core functionality of what it does today.....playing music to your ears :)