Buy An iPod Now...or No?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by LaMerVipere, Jan 20, 2005.

1. LaMerVipere macrumors 6502a

LaMerVipere

The Mac Buyer's Guide says...No.

But are we expecting a major revision soon? Like a huge jump to a 5th Gen? Or maybe just a bump in capacity? :confused:

2. NCTRNL macrumors regular

The eternal question. Good luck getting an answer...

3. morkintosh macrumors regular

I'm foolishly hopeful for something that can stream music to my airport express, although 10min of battery life would tend to "end the honeymoon" with this sort of device.

4. rosalindavenue macrumors 6502a

rosalindavenue

I bought a 3G ipod in May, before the update to 4G in July. I dont regret it for a second, even though the click wheel is nicer and the battery life is better in the 4G pods. I watched the rumors and waited a while (the photo ipod rumor was strong last May), but I finally just went and bought it-- and it was well worth it. All you are looking at with the next upgrade is 30 gigs for the price of 20, etc. The two or three months until the next upgrade will be worth 100 bucks, easy. Just get it now.

5. Inspector Lee macrumors 6502a

Inspector Lee

Get it now if you need/want it now. Waiting for releases can be maddening. However, if you are gonna pull the trigger on a Monday, it is best to wait until Tuesday AM.

6. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says....we just had another thread in the last few days that basically went through all this.....oh yeah!

7. LaMerVipere thread starter macrumors 6502a

LaMerVipere

That was five, count 'em, F-I-V-E going on S-I-X days ago! I can't be expected to keep up with that!

I've had enough of you duff-man, and all your DUFFNESS.

Go duff yourself.

I challenge you to a duel! *slaps you with my mini*

8. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says.....that was great...thanks for the laugh :) ....oh yeah!

9. ephex macrumors member

my intentions are not to start a flame war, but out of all the people I've EVER met or seen online, you are by FAR the most.... i don't know. not annoying, not stupid, not strange, etc... just some weird mix of those and some other things.

but, perhaps you sit at your computer laughing every time you make a post, knowing everyone thinks you are some kind of wierdo, knowing it doesn't matter and you get some strange kick out of it ;)

10. RqThrottle macrumors member

Duffman is one of the funniest posters in macrumors. If you watch the Simpsons at all, and you have something that resembles a sense of humor, you'll giggle every time you read one of his posts. And he is sometimes helpful to boot.

Keep up the good job DuffMan!

:)

11. runninmac macrumors 65816

runninmac

12. ephex macrumors member

well, i've only seen a few episodes of the simpsons [don't watch tv much]. so i just assumed he was some kind of crazy person :p.

Edit, on topic:
    personally if i had the extra money and didn't already have an mp3 player, i would definitely get a 4th gen iPod. i would be shocked to see a 5th gen iPod anytime soon. not to mention the 4th gen is really nice, and you won't be dissapointed ;)

13. sjpetry macrumors 65816

sjpetry

You don't watch The Simpsons? You must be the crazy one. :cool: