Buy Any Photo Gear During Black Friday Sales?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by I AM THE MAN, Nov 23, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502

Hey everyone! Just wanted to know if anyone actually bought any bodies, lens, flashes, etc during the Black Friday sales? I'm anxious to hear back!

I personally just picked up a refurbished Mark D2 for a really great price!

2. macrumors 6502

ctyhntr

Canon.com had their own Black Friday sale. I ordered a refurbished Canon t2i for the same price as a 50mm f1.4 lens.

3. thread starter macrumors 6502

Haha yep! I bought my Mark D2 for about $1300! I am soo anxious for it to arrive. I keep checking the order status every hour!

4. macrumors 68000

aross99

Not really on sale, but we bought a Lensbaby Pro, and a Canon 50mm 1.8mm prime for my step daughter to use on her 5DmkII.

5. macrumors 6502a

milbournosphere

I got my lovely lady a new Olympus XZ-1 point and shoot just before black friday, but I guess it counts as it was deeply discounted. My first camera purchase from the Olympus brand, and after my brief encounter with it before it got wrapped, I must say that I'm impressed so far.

For those still hunting, the S100 is on-sale at Amazon for $249 till midnight, I think.

6. macrumors 6502

ctyhntr

Lol, after I ordered, I noticed the prices went back up and it was listed out of stock. I kept checking, just in case Canon cancels my order.

7. macrumors 6502a

NeGRit0

I picked up an Eye-Fi Pro card to try out. Was only $49.99 shipped on amazon for a cyber monday deal.

8. thread starter macrumors 6502

Oh wow thats great! I love my 50mm 1.8 its a great glass for a great price.

Haha you really did save quite a bit on it!

Thats exactly what happened with me. When I checked back it was listed as out of stock and then eventually after a little bit of time, refreshing the page a few times it was available again so I made the purchase before they sold out again! :)

Right now I have a gift card for the Apple Store and since I don't have anything else in mind, I am thinking of purchasing a 4GB Eye-Fi Pro Card. How do you like yours?

9. macrumors 6502a

NeGRit0

Not so much... I bought it for my Canon bodies, but the card isnt compatible with Magic Lantern software. (suppose I should have researched, but it was a timed deal, and I have had no issues w/ML before) I have yet to try it with my Olympus Micro4/3, but hopefully I wont have any surprises there.

10. macrumors 603

Mamiya AF APO 300mm 4.5 lense.... more than half off. Mamiya AF Macro Bellows, about 75% off. I'm a happy camper.

11. macrumors 6502

ctyhntr

Is it this problem you're encountering with Magic Lantern and the eye fi card?

How to disbbootdisk flag
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1XusYTB68Q

12. macrumors 6502a

NeGRit0

Thanks. Im aware of the work around. My Canon is my main body, and i'd rather not chance going back an forth and something happening. It works fine with my Olympus body. If I cant find use for it with it though I'll just end up selling it. :)

13. macrumors 6502