Buy backpack now for Merom 17" MBP?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Bill Gates, Aug 14, 2006.

1. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

Jun 21, 2006
    I need to purchase a bag to carry my schoolbooks and laptop simulatenously. I'm leaning towards the Brenthaven Pro 15/17 but I won't purchase it if it won't hold the new MBP due sometime soon. What do you think about it? Do you think the dimensions will change? I also need accessories like the Marware protection pack, but will hold off on those as well if it would be a good idea.
  2. ebuc macrumors regular

Aug 5, 2003
    Take a look at the Tom Bihn bags. I've had the Brain Bag for over a year and it still looks brand new. To securely hold my 15" PowerBook I have the Brain Cell insert which can be clipped in or taken out and used as a very small laptop carrying case. They may be expensive (and I expect Brenthaven is too), but the quality appears to be top notch.

Personally, I think the tiniest chance that there might be a new form factor means you should wait to buy the bag. You'll have to get the laptop shipped, too, so they should arrive at the same time.
  3. shecky Guest

May 24, 2003
    Obviously you're not a golfer.
    i think that since a 17" Merom macbook pro does not yet exist, you should wait until it does before buying a bag for it.
  4. Demon Hunter macrumors 68020

Mar 30, 2004
    While you are at it, check out WaterField Designs. The quality is top–notch, and their bags always fit because they're custom made. I'm sure the 17" (Yonah) has the same measurements.
  5. Addo macrumors member

Jan 11, 2006
    Whatever bag you think of buying, I would recommend that you try to physically look it over before hading over your well earned cash....I've spent about £200 on bags for my 17"MBP hoping that it would be 'the one' I ended up with a Pakuma K3 of which I'm happy with but, even then, I don't think there is a 'perfect' bag out there - at least for me.