buy eMac or wait 2 months?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by believo, Jun 16, 2004.

  1. believo macrumors regular


    May 21, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    I plan on purchasing an eMac in the near future. I'm able to purchase now, but i really wont absolutely NEED it for another 2 months, should I wait. Is there likely to be any price break or add ons?
  2. SteveC macrumors 6502

    Jul 7, 2003
  3. oingoboingo macrumors 6502a


    Jul 31, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    The eMac was only very recently updated (13th April 2004, ie: just over 2 months ago), so it may be some time before another update is released. There is no surefire way of predicting when Apple will update their product lines, but it would be fairly safe to assume the the eMac will not be updated again any time soon. Even in another 2 months (making a total of 4 months since the eMac update), I would think it unlikely that another eMac update would be happening.

    The April-edition 1.25GHz eMac is a pretty good system for the money. Apart from the limited expansion, the only real weakness that I can see is with the video system (a 32MB Radeon 9200), but if you don't expect to play 3D games at the highest resolutions and detail settings, even that shouldn't be of any real concern.

    If it were me, I would buy the eMac now, and enjoy using it and learning all the ins and outs of OS X for the next 2 months before you *really* need it.
  4. liketom macrumors 601


    Apr 8, 2004
    Buy now and don't look back quality machine is the e-Mac , if you do buy max out that ram you will very happy you did !

Share This Page