Buy Halo, or wait for Halo 2?

Discussion in 'Games' started by jessearl, May 14, 2005.

1. jessearl macrumors member

Mar 7, 2005
    I've been playing a borrowed copy of Halo of my PowerBook and am in love with the game.

But, as I know Halo 2 is out on other systems, will it be coming out soon for Mac OS X or should I just go ahead and buy the existing Halo game?
  2. rccola70 macrumors regular

Oct 28, 2004
    Well, There have been absolutely no rumors or anything about Halo 2 coming to PC or even Mac for that matter, If you have a huge urge to play Halo, then get it for PC, if its for Halo 2, get an Xbox, or wait until the holiday season for Xbox 360, (should it be backwards compatible)... :rolleyes:
  3. Josh396 macrumors 65816

Oct 16, 2004
    Peoria/Chicago, IL
    I believe Microsoft said there were no plans for Halo 2 to make to either PC or the Mac. My guess would be this was to spur sales of the current XBOX and upcoming XBOX 360.
  4. bbarnhart macrumors 6502a

Jan 16, 2002
    Stilwell, Kansas
    Go ahead and buy it now. Halo 2 may come out for the PC and Mac sometime, but not for a long time. Online multiplayer is addicting.
  5. James Philp macrumors 65816

James Philp

Mar 5, 2005
    Xbox, £100
    Halo 2 £30
    Best £130 peripheral for a Mac you could wish for!
  6. Soulstorm macrumors 68000

Feb 1, 2005
    Halo 2 will NEVER come out for the mac. Uses Havok, a physics engine that will never be licenced for the mac, since the price is too high for any porting company to afford.

So, buy Halo.
  7. crachoar macrumors 6502a

Mar 22, 2004
    While it's true that it will probably never come out to OSX (not only because of Havok) - I cannot recommend to anybody (even my enemies) the purchasing of 'Halo' for PC or Mac.

Please, do yourself a favor: Buy an Xbox or wait until after E3 to see if the 'Xbox 360' will play the original Xbox games.

'Halo' for Xbox performs (on every level) better than the computer ports. You won't regret it.