I start clinical rotations in a month and really want an iPad mini since they fit perfectly in a white coat pocket. I bought a mini yesterday and the guy at the apple store said that if a new mini comes out in the next month, they will adjust the price of my purchase for up to 30 days to reflect the price decrease in the iPad mini 1. However, I'm wondering if I should return it and wait to buy it again in a month since it would give me an extra 30 days for a price adjustment in the event the new model releases in September. I'm not too savvy with apple's release schedule, however. I realize no one knows for sure if an updated mini will be released this year at all. But would it make sense to hold off as long as possible since I have no use for the mini at the moment anyways?