Buy MacBook Pro now or wait until MacWorld Expo?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by tncnewmedia, Dec 27, 2006.

  1. tncnewmedia macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Dec 27, 2006
    #1
    I'm definitely buying a MacBook Pro but just wondering if anyone has heard if they will be announcing any new high-end laptops at MacWorld in a couple weeks?

    If so, perhaps I should wait?

    Thanks for any assistance.

    Tim
     
  2. iW00t macrumors 68040

    iW00t

    Joined:
    Nov 7, 2006
    Location:
    Defenders of Apple Guild
    #2
    Wait for Macworld.

    Chances are there will be nothing, but you get iLife 07 at the very least.
     
  3. oliverlubin macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jul 18, 2002
    #3
    wait until the 10 (14?) day, no-fee return window is upon us.
     
  4. know-it-all5 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jun 28, 2006
    Location:
    USA
    #4
    Wait till after macworld. Its only a couple weeks away, so why take a chance. You will at least get ilife 07. Plus, there could easily be a new ultraportable addition to the line (i personally don't expect any ultraportable or new ones, but others consider it a possibility, based on previous rumors.)
     
  5. tncnewmedia thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Dec 27, 2006
    #5
    iLife available immediately?

    So if I buy a MacBook Pro online the day after MacWorld, if they announce iLife 07 there do you think it will be available immediately after they announce it?
     
  6. mrmma macrumors member

    Joined:
    Dec 27, 2006
    Location:
    Missouri
    #6
    I'm waiting (very impatiently) for MW...I am itching to spend...I don't really need any of the proposed updates, unless there is an "ultra-portable" or some speed bump...but I might as well wait.
     
  7. iW00t macrumors 68040

    iW00t

    Joined:
    Nov 7, 2006
    Location:
    Defenders of Apple Guild
    #7
    According to other experts, what usually happens is Apple will drop in the new CDs into your box if you purchase it after the new software is released, so yes.

    You just have to install it yourself.
     
  8. iW00t macrumors 68040

    iW00t

    Joined:
    Nov 7, 2006
    Location:
    Defenders of Apple Guild
    #8
    High resolution MBP floats me boat :rolleyes:

    Behold 2880 x 1800 resolution :eek:
     
  9. roxnadz macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Feb 15, 2006
    #9
    Welp, looks like no one else has said it, so I'm gonna.

    "Buy it when you need it...there'll always be something better tomorrow"

    I just picked up a Rev B 2.33 C2D 15" which will gradually be taking over duties from my Rev E 17" PBG4. I did it before the end of the year so that I can write it off for tax purposes. If you wait till MWSF, you won't be able to do that.

    Also, the introduction of the MBPs last year could only be considered -- well, to most users anyway -- as a debacle. I'm not saying that a refresh/update would bring about these problems again, but with all the whining, mooing, discoloration, heat, and other problems that plagued Macbook and Macbook Pro owners over the last 12 months, I'm really, really glad I waited for Apple to work (most of) the bugs out.

    Besides...the Steve already has his fortune...and I need a computer if I'm gonna get started working on mine ;)
     
  10. dwreck macrumors member

    Joined:
    Nov 28, 2006
    #10
    I'm in the exact same position, and I'm waiting. It's only two more weeks.
     

Share This Page