Buy now? Advice

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by tcrab, Jan 18, 2007.

1. tcrab macrumors member

Next week I will receive about $1500 to go towards the purchase of a laptop. I am wanting to buy a White Macbook C2D 2.0ghz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HDD. This will put me slightly over the amount I receive which is ok. I will be using this computer for college next year. I mainly surf, watch videos, and download. I won't be doing anything intense except backing-up dvds and re encoding them to ipod format.
    I was wondering if I should buy this computer now? I know Leopard and iLife '07 will be coming out soon but that will not be a problem cause I can update later for a low student price. ;)

2. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

If you want it buy it. If not then wait. Technology is always going to change

3. smueboy macrumors 6502a

smueboy

Exactly. No point in waiting for new technology if you want something now, cos no matter when you buy it, it will be old soon after. :)

4. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

Yeah, I make that mistake when I bought an airport extreme base station and now they released a new one :mad:

5. smueboy macrumors 6502a

smueboy

Bugger. Well, sometimes you gotta look out for rumours i guess - for instance i was about to put down cash for a new MBP, but heeded the rumours of the C2D coming out soon; i waited 1 month and was very happy.

6. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

7. pianoman macrumors 68000

pianoman

contrarily, i couldn't wait for the C2D upgrade. i bought my machine about 3 months before the C2Ds came out and i'm extremely happy with what i have.

8. DarkNetworks macrumors 68000

DarkNetworks

Just buy it now. Wait, wait, and wait, I'm tired of hearing all that. There's always going to be a reason to wait so why bother.

9. The Grood macrumors regular

Good rule of thumb for life in general:

Never swap what you're happy with right now for what you might like a little more tomorrow.