Buy Now, or Buy Later?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by iEric, Apr 20, 2004.

  1. iEric macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2003
    Location:
    Vancouver
    #1
    Listen to my story:
    I am finishing high school and I am going into University next year. Now, I've been waiting for the new G5 powerbooks, but I dont know when they will come. I used to have a Powerbook G4 500 but I sold it because I thought that the G5 PB would come soon.
    Now, I need to get a laptop before mid-Sept. So, should I wait for the June conference? Or should I just get one now?
    I'm so tempted with the new G4s that just came out, but I dont know. I am going to have to sell my Powermac G4 Dual 1 Ghz MDD. So how much would I get for that?
    I'm buy the 17" because I'll probably need it as my primary computer.

    WHAT SHOULD I DO??
     
  2. Bear macrumors G3

    Joined:
    Jul 23, 2002
    Location:
    Sol III - Terra
    #2
    If you can wait, wait for the WWDC, but don't really expect a G5 Powerbook announcement then.

    I suggest you do order so you get your machine at least a month before you need it. This way you have time to set it up. And if there is a delay in shipping for some reason, you'll still have it for classes.
     
  3. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

    grapes911

    Joined:
    Jul 28, 2003
    Location:
    Citizens Bank Park
    #4
    First of all you shouldn't put you trust in what MAY happen. Do you need it now? Yes, then buy one. No, you'll get a better deal later.

    And yes, it really is that easy.
     

Share This Page