buy now or later

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by nickkelbackk, Aug 2, 2006.

  1. nickkelbackk macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2006
    #1
    I am buying a macbook tomorrow hopefully but i was just wondering if there is doing to be any major updates to the bottom of the line macbook and, when is the 160gb hdd for the macbook come out? thanks
     
  2. ®îçhå®? macrumors 68000

    ®îçhå®?

    Joined:
    Mar 7, 2006
    #2
    For the bottom of the line, i very much doubt it. I have an incling that the blackbook might get a little bit more of something at the WWDC.
     
  3. djkny macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Sep 30, 2003
    #4
    Macbooks will be updated in late October. Buy NOW.
     
  4. crees! macrumors 68000

    crees!

    Joined:
    Jun 14, 2003
    Location:
    MD/VA/DC
    #5
    Wait till next week to see if anything comes out / is updated. That's what I would do, personally.
     
  5. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

    Dont Hurt Me

    Joined:
    Dec 21, 2002
    Location:
    Yahooville S.C.
    #6
    Apple will be updating many models in the next few months.
     
  6. s0x™ macrumors member

    Joined:
    Aug 1, 2006
    #7
    I'm expecting Apple to complete the Intel transition before updating their product line, doing it this way seems to make more sense to me :rolleyes:
     
  7. bowens macrumors 6502a

    bowens

    Joined:
    Jun 19, 2006
    Location:
    Trenton, FL
    #8
    I would wait at least until after WWDC. If nothing is announced, go ahead and buy.
     
  8. pianoman macrumors 68000

    pianoman

    Joined:
    May 31, 2006
    #9
    if you absolutely need it, get it now. if not, wait until january. there'll probably be some pretty cool updates by then.
     
  9. DJMastaWes macrumors 65816

    DJMastaWes

    Joined:
    Jan 14, 2006
    Location:
    Montreal, Quebec
    #10
    Buy it in 5 days, 1 hour and 19 mins. So if a new one comes out, you will get the new one, and if it does not come out, then you will get the old one. But atleast you will be happy knowing you waited.
     
  10. Hytower77 macrumors regular

    Hytower77

    Joined:
    Nov 9, 2005
    Location:
    Some random place outside of Fort Worth, TX
    #11
    If you want one today, get one today. If you want to wait, wait. It's up to you.

    Like all Tech, you'll eventually bite the bullet and get screwed at some point, you might get screwed at WWDC on Aug 7th, you might not get screwed until Jan.

    It isn't like if they release an update to the MacBooks that the one that you just bought will explode or vaporize on your desk. (Now a dell maybe...)
     
  11. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

    QCassidy352

    Joined:
    Mar 20, 2003
    Location:
    Bay Area
    #12
    NO chance of the macbook being updated at WWDC.
    1. It's the newest product in apple's line up by a good bit
    2. It's selling extremely well as is
    3. Any update would be nothing more than a processor bump; not exactly good for a keynote
    4. It's a consumer notebook and this is a developer conference
     
  12. kaboutertje macrumors regular

    kaboutertje

    Joined:
    Jul 7, 2006
    Location:
    Amsterdam, Netherlands
    #13
    I would feel bad if I bought a macbook now only to see one with a speed bump for the same price 5 days later. I would wait like I said, maybe they will show the new MBP and make it so good that you want one instead of a MB. And maybe they will give the MB a small upgrade.
     
  13. 3CCD macrumors member

    3CCD

    Joined:
    Jun 30, 2006
    Location:
    FL and NJ
    #14
    I'm looking at a MacBook Pro since I'm a videographer and big on cutting edge stuff. I want the portability so I'm no considering a Mac Pro or G5 if they are still around. I've been reading on this site for a while and I'm thinking if I wait until January, will there be significant changes in the MacBook Pro line up and Apple'e operating systems? What I'm trying to say is even with the changes expected in a week will we see even great improvements that are worthy of waiting until January. I can hold of until then since I don't have any needs that require me to buy ASAP.
     

Share This Page