buy now or later?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by I'mAMac, Aug 28, 2006.

  1. I'mAMac macrumors 6502a

    I'mAMac

    Joined:
    Aug 28, 2006
    Location:
    In a Mac box
    #1
    Would it be smart to buy the mac pro now, or should I wait a while?
     
  2. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

    Joined:
    Jul 4, 2004
    #2
    If you need it now, buy it now. If you can wait, then wait. But something better's always around the corner... you could end up waiting for the rest of your life.
     
  3. I'mAMac thread starter macrumors 6502a

    I'mAMac

    Joined:
    Aug 28, 2006
    Location:
    In a Mac box
    #3
    i mean are there bugs that they need to straighten out or anything that you have heard of?
     
  4. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

    Jaffa Cake

    Joined:
    Aug 1, 2004
    Location:
    The City of Culture, Englandshire
    #4
    Indeed – the best time to buy new kit is when you genuinely need it. If it's the week before a Mac Expo and upgrades are rumoured, then by all means it's worthwhile holding off your purchase to see what happens. But given that the Mac Pro has only been out a month or so it's likely that we won't be seeing any upgrades or speed bumps for a fair while yet.

    If you need that Mac Pro, get it. ;)
     
  5. nitynate macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jan 22, 2006
    Location:
    Clearwater, FL
    #5
    If something is released a month prior, you dont need to wait for a new system.



    Waiting is dumb.
    You only live once.
     
  6. extraextra macrumors 68000

    extraextra

    Joined:
    Jun 29, 2006
    Location:
    California
    #6
    .. it was just released. It's the newest, fastest thing out there.
     
  7. mistafreeze macrumors member

    Joined:
    Aug 29, 2006
    #7
    i want to buy it now, ill probly wait until x1900xt shipping date is pushed up, or to see if apple mentions new nvidia or ati cards, since the x1900xt is now just a 250$ upgrade. (as of today)

    plus i want to see what kinda problems ppl are having-aside from the sata issue-, hell my macbook has that random shutdown problem, luckily thats the only problem, some ppl are getting disolcoration, and the new macbook pro's are having paint chip off. I just want to make sure nothing is too wrong with these, before i part with my current setup.

    and as far as the latest, im guessing 8 core should be out by years end. but probly atleast a grand higher entry level. (as intel plans to ship 4 core processors by years end) and their are apple conferences in janurary.

    however no chance im waiting until janurary! mid sept is the latest im waiting (upgrading several other items of mine at the same time)
     

Share This Page