buy now or wait

Discussion in 'macOS' started by lenso, Aug 30, 2006.

  1. lenso macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2006
    #1
    i wANT TO BUY MACBOOK NOW

    but i don't want to pay 129$ for leopard ....

    i want to know if it possible to buy an upgrade version of leopard

    ,,,,,?
     
  2. Oryan macrumors 6502a

    Oryan

    Joined:
    Apr 1, 2005
    Location:
    Lincoln, NE
    #2
    The $129 IS the upgrade price. You can't buy a copy of OSX off the shelf, it only comes with a new Mac.
     
  3. FredClausen macrumors regular

    FredClausen

    Joined:
    Aug 7, 2006
    Location:
    KALM
    #3
    So buy it off eBay or some third party reseller for less.

    $129 for an OS update is not that bad contrary to the latest FUD from the Windows camp.
     
  4. DavidLeblond macrumors 68020

    DavidLeblond

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2004
    Location:
    Raleigh, NC
    #4
    Well, technically the retail box of OSX IS the full copy. You don't HAVE to pick upgrade, you can blast your Mac's drive and install the full thing that way.

    But yet, $129 is the only price point Apple has. You can usually get about a $30 rebate from Amazon when it comes out though.
     
  5. clevin macrumors G3

    clevin

    Joined:
    Aug 6, 2006
    #5
    LOL, BUY NOW
    when leopard out, are you gonna keep waiting for "rabbit"? or whatever 10.6 will be called, since apple release OS every 1-2 years.
    10.0 2001
    10.1 2001
    10.2 2002
    10.3 2003
    10.4 2005
    10.5 2007
     
  6. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

    ~Shard~

    Joined:
    Jun 4, 2003
    Location:
    1123.6536.5321
    #6
    Buy now, Leopard won't be out for another 8-10 months. Do you really want to wait that long?
     
  7. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

    gadgetgirl85

    Joined:
    Mar 24, 2006
    #7
    Buy now and upgrade your OS later or just wait until Leopard is standard on the system. Just depends if you need it now?
     
  8. lenso thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2006
    #8
    wooooo' i hope not/////



    i hope not///////!@#@#$@#$%#$%%#%$%@#

    but i live in israel and here it's 195$ ,,,,,
     
  9. clevin macrumors G3

    clevin

    Joined:
    Aug 6, 2006
    #9
    i can buy one and mail to you, :) if u trust me, :D
     
  10. lenso thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2006
    #10
    it's 50$ save....



    i really hope that i could buy it in US price...

    the macbook is 680$ more expensiv than US price,,,

    i hope that a friend will purchase it for me from US.
     
  11. Fedge macrumors regular

    Fedge

    Joined:
    Aug 9, 2006
    #11
    While, in my opinion, there are some things worth waiting for, (like Mac Pro!!), waiting for Leopard is silly. It's just an OS update, and won't be revolutionary. If your a student, you'll be able to snag a copy for considerably less (~$80). Go for it now.

    On the otherhand, it may be worthwhile to wait until Apple resolves the Rev A bug with their current line of Macbooks. Many owners are reporting the same problems and appear to have faulty machines.

    At the end of the day, the decision is yours. Whatever you do end up getting, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
     

Share This Page