BUY NOW removed on iTunes Store for the 1.1.3 iPod Touch upgrade?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by gmanrique, Jan 17, 2008.

1. macrumors 6502

2. macrumors 65816

razorianfly

Yes. The update hasn't been pulled. It happens when iTunes recognizes you have the update already, so to prevent you or anyone else, who has already bought the update, buying the update again, for the same iPod, accidentally, iTunes removes the button. I'm glad they've done this. I was originally charged 3 times for the January Software Update. I contacted iTunes, and they are refunding £26 of it. (Thankyou Steve!)

I think this is the reason they have implemented this. To avoid having to give out refunds or store credit.

Then again, I could be wrong.

R-Fly

3. macrumors newbie

I also got charged 3 time. I got an email saying they would investigate it and inform me when additional info is avail. What king of crap is that!!:mad:

4. macrumors 6502a

Not only are we going to penalize you guys that bought touch's for x-mas, we're going to triple charge you? Priceless.

5. macrumors newbie

Has it actually been removed?

I'm using iTunes 7.6, but haven't upgraded to 1.1.3 yet - however, when I go to the purchase page I only see "Remind Me Later". Does the "Buy" option only become available after you've upgraded to 1.1.3?

6. macrumors 6502a

Hls811

I got charged twice - but I got an email this morning saying that they refunded me for one of the purchases.

7. macrumors 68040

squeeks

maybe you should have been a bit nicer in your e-mail all of the rest of us got refunds:rolleyes:

8. thread starter macrumors 6502

It might have been actually removed...

A couple of people are reporting that after installing 1.1.3 (the free one with no new applications and no changes to OS level functions or improvements to already iPod touch applications) they are sent to the iTunes store where the only options are 'Ignore' and 'Remind me later' or something like that, but definitely no 'Buy Now' option.

9. macrumors 65816

ProwlingTiger

My button was removed, and I never purchased the app. Its come back now, not that I'll be using the button anytime soon.

*hands button to gmanrique* lol