Buy Online and Pick Up at Retail Store?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by crazzyeddie, Nov 21, 2004.

1. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

I want to surprise my mom with a new 20" iMac for Christmas, but I also want to get it CTO. I noticed that if you go to Apple Retail Store pages, they have a link where you can shop online for that specific retail store. Does that mean if you order something off that site, they will ship it to the store to be picked up? I'm guessing not...

Is there any way to do what I want to do, other than shipping it to friend/family to hide it?

2. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I was going to do that at my local Apple Store. They discouraged that option. There reason was that there is no guarantee that once the product arrives it could be sold by another staff person. It made sense to me. You could always ask your local Apple Store, maybe for Christmas they would.

3. budaapple macrumors regular

SWAMPED at Apple Store

Considering that it is the holiday season Everything that comes thru the back door is getting sold thru the front door. So he is right it would be hard to track. The only option other than hard drive and BT can be installed while you wait at any Apple Store (depending on how busy). The BT model 17" and 20" is now also available in the Apple store but sell really quick. Ram and Extreme card can be added to the Imac and that only leaves a larger HD. 80ghd is huge and if you purchase the SD model you can always offload mega files if you ever fill the 80ghd.
    Hope that helps.
    Cheers!

4. crazzyeddie thread starter macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

Thanks for the replies... I think I'm just going to wait until Friday to see if they have 10% off iMacs (doubtful, but they might), then I could get a standard 20" + AE + Bluetooth stuff for about the same price as a 20" CTO w/Bluetooth.